Hey Everyone,

I would be very grateful if you could answer this question for me...

I'm having a situation at work. I texted one of my staff twice and I got a "D" confirmation and a "checkmark" showing that my message were delivered.

Now this person claims that he didn't get my messages and that he had been "pushed into a pool with his cellphone" and he didn't have a phone to recieve messages.

There's no doubt that this person has a hard time telling the truth, but can I PROVE that that delivery and confirmation wouldn't have shown up on my phone without him getting the message?

Can the checkmark prove that he read it?

Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it.

We are both on the Verizon network. I have a Blackberry Curve. I'm not sure what he has, but it is not a Blackberry.
    02-04-09 06:01 PM
    If you get the D, this is feed back to your device that the device got the message. If the other device did not get it you would have a check mark and that it is it. This harsh but if you can get his phone and send several messages and show they are coming in then you need to do what you need to do

Hope this helps

Also if you login to your my verizon account, provising this is not a business account, you should be able to unbilled info including numbers that you SMS too. This may not be as accurate as it will tell you if was successul or not, just that it was sent
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-04-09 at 06:06 PM.
    02-04-09 06:03 PM
    You can go to vtext.com and send him a txt from there. It will tell you if it has been delivered to the handset..

vtext never lies!
    02-04-09 07:10 PM
    Right on Brian
    02-04-09 07:27 PM
    The "D" is proof that the handset received the text, but not proof that he read it. It's proof that his phone isn't broken as he claims, but nothing more.

He may not have read or acknowledged your texts because the phone was lost, stolen, not on his person, or because he simply never read them despite knowing he had received them.

Still, it should be enough information for you to make whatever decision you need to make- just know that as far as "proof" goes, it's hard to say if it would hold up in court.
    02-04-09 08:11 PM
    So vtext will give me a delivery proof?

I've never done it before, do I need to create an account or do I already have one since I'm a Verizon customer?

Sorry for the newb questions. I just want to get this guy dead to rights, he's such a liar!
    02-04-09 08:11 PM
    i think the only thing the D means is that the message was delivered, however, sometimes, messages get lost. sometimes a friend will send me a text and i'll never get it (especially when the network is having problems or something).

but if this is something he's been doing for a while, then maybe his phone is damaged... or something else...
    02-04-09 08:13 PM
    So vtext will give me a delivery proof?

I've never done it before, do I need to create an account or do I already have one since I'm a Verizon customer?

Sorry for the newb questions. I just want to get this guy dead to rights, he's such a liar!
    You do not need to create an account. There is a link there to send a message. You can do a print screen or PDF the screen. Yes it will tell you if it was delivered. Also the last stat I heard was 98 percent of SMS actually get delivered.
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-04-09 at 08:19 PM.
    02-04-09 08:16 PM
    honestly, if he got the "D" then his phone was on. If he was "pushed" into a pool the phone would've turned off and you would have just had a checkmark with no D so I think in my opinion, he is lying.
    02-04-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD