Ok, we have a family plan currently with my curve and wifes dumb phone. We need to upgrade both. Wondering if BB is still the way to go looking for advice. Here are the primary things that we will need them to do:

1. Instant Messaging (google talk, sms)

2. Internet (there has got to be a phone that handles internet better than the Curve.)

3. Facebook/ Twitter (either dedicated applicaion or brower, although I like the dedicated app)

4. QWERTY keyboard

5. Music/video/multimedia (I use mine as a primary mp3 player with 16g caard and run slacker radio and stream to car stereo via bluetooth so it will need to have stereo bluetooth.)

6. Expandability (ability to accept large memory card 16g+

7. Email doesn't need to push, checking on an every 15 min cycle is fine.

8. Speaker Phone

9. Size

10. and of course ability to syncronize calendar and contact data with outlook/google calendar.

As I look at this list of requirements, I'm wondering if BlackBerry is still the best phone to meet these requirements. I know it will do all of them, some better then the others and its strengths appear to be further down the list.
    Our current contract expires in 4/2010, but looking to make the switch in the next month or two for financial reasons. Help and advice are exactly what I am looking for, some have suggested the iphone, which my wife likes, I am not a fan of all things apple, and would like to stay with verizon, been a loyal customer for 13+ years.
    08-11-09 10:21 AM
    Sounds like a tour?
    08-11-09 10:25 AM
    No its not the best for you. Samsung Saga is. I have a review of it in my Wi-Fi devices post. If you have additional questions PM me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    EEEK WINMO!
    08-11-09 10:28 AM
    I had been thinking tour, but recently several places have suggested that maybe a blackberry might not be the optimial route since will be primary personal phone, not business

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 10:34 AM
    Keep in mind all the fancy new phones coming out in the next few months. Take a look at those models and see if any fit your needs.
    08-11-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD