Hey guys and gals I just got my S2 Today a month early, Thanks to my csr rep the other night, she rocked!!

Here is my issue, I used the upgrade available on secondary line, which is my wifes. When I went to activate phone, *228 it said unsuccesful.

When I called to have it activated by phone, the rep told me that I had to have my wifes phone off, activate my phone, then turn my phone off, activate hers, and then turn my original (primary line) phone off and reavtivate the S2.

HUH?!?!?!?

Is there a better way to do this, so that I dont need my wifes phone,, She is away for the weekend, and I will not be able to get a hold of her phone until monday.

Help please?
    06-18-10 04:21 PM
    It should not have to be like that at all. i took my dads update, went home called verizon told them i had used his upgrade. they activated my new phone and de-activated my old one. end of story.

try calling back
    06-18-10 04:24 PM
    or go to the store and have the rep that got you the phone activate it if its easier for you
    06-18-10 04:25 PM
    they probably do it as part of the process in their book, it shouldn't make that much of a difference to go through all the extra steps.
    06-18-10 04:37 PM
    No you will get same result, it just seems a little overkill.
    06-18-10 04:38 PM
    No it is not that much of a big deal, except for the fact that my wife is away, and my S1 is essentially a brick,,, I did not want to have to wait until monday.

I dont want to take the chance that I tell my wife to trun off her phone while I activate mine, and for some reason or the other she cannot activate it through
    06-18-10 04:41 PM
    Yea i would go back to the store and have them do it.
    06-18-10 04:45 PM
    Well this is exactly what I was afraid of,,,

I just activated my phones meid# to her number, I was able to reach her to get her meid # off her phone, and I cannot reactivate hers back?

WTF!?!?!
    06-18-10 05:11 PM
    It may be programmed wrong on either the phone or the system (wrong MDN or MIN can do that).
    06-18-10 10:38 PM
    Well I must say, What a pain in the arse that was!

I activated my new s2 on the site with meid # then did *228 with my new device which deactivated wifes phone.

I then had to *228 my old device to her number, then *228 my new device to my number, and *228 her device back to her number,,,, whew

Really not that hard, but thinking I may not use another devices upgrade in the future.

06-19-10 09:51 AM
    Well I must say, What a pain in the arse that was!

I activated my new s2 on the site with meid # then did *228 with my new device which deactivated wifes phone.

I then had to *228 my old device to her number, then *228 my new device to my number, and *228 her device back to her number,,,, whew

Really not that hard, but thinking I may not use another devices upgrade in the future.
    It's a very easy and painless process, I'm not sure why yours was so difficult. A quick call to CS or visit to the store would have avoided involving your wife's phone at all. I've done it a few times and the person who's upgrade I used didn't even know!
    06-21-10 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD