I've been without a phone for a few months now. My 8330 was barely used for 3 months with Verizon. I had to cancel my contract with Verizon.

I want to know if I could take in the phone and activate it under a new plan? (Without a contract, I prefer)
    Would they do that?
    Or would I have to get a contract with them?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    01-16-09 01:45 AM
    I believe you can do that. Not 100 percent sure though. There at min would be an activation fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 10:32 AM
    Yes you can. I've done that before, but as lastraid stated you probably will get hit with the activiation fee and probably a month advance charge. Just depends on your credit I guess.
    01-16-09 11:34 AM
    Yes, you can go on a month-to-month plan. It does depend on passing credit check...

I guess you paid your prior ETF?

You will be billed the act fee...

Nothing upfront if no deposit required...
    01-16-09 01:04 PM
    Just to add a lil more input on this matter coming from the collections side of the business (now I'm in tech support so please keep your curses to a minimum)......the way you left might make a difference.

If you canceled 90+ days ago and you paid your ETF and final bill...you are more than welcome to come back. You will come back as a new customer, new credit check, activation fee, 1 month advanced billing, the best customer service and the nations largest wireless network now with over 80 million customers! And if you choose to reactivate your old equipment, you have the option of going month-to-month!

If you canceled less than 90 days ago, paid your final bill + ETF....you will get all the same benefits listed above and possibly have the ETF reversed! Doubt you'll get the same number tho.

Now the ugly side of the biz....if you canceled 90+ days ago and left a balance. This must be paid. If you've left this linger for 90-120+ days, chances are this is already on your credit. So you will be required to pay off your balance then reapply and possibly pay a deposit. But at least you'll be part of the nation's largest wireless network with over 80 million customers!

Regardless the scenario, come on back to the best!
    01-16-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD