Hi! I'm new here and have a question I've been dying to ask. I thought I should post here since the answer could be different depending on who the carrier is...

Okay, I just got my Blackbery Curve 8330 about 2 weeks ago and LOVE IT. I need to get one for my husband...without paying a billion dollars for it but I've already posted that issue in another thread. Because I'm the "main" holder on the account he's stuck with his phone until Jan. Okay I'm not getting to the question...

Moving on...my question is about BB Messenger. I don't know anyone who has a BB but I'm curious...do the messages that occur over BB messenger count as "text" messages? Or is it in the data plan? My husband and I have 250 minutes each which works out but now that I have the coolest phone ever made I text more often. I was just hoping that IF he ever gets a Blackberry we could use the BB messenger as well as email and use texting for "none blackberry users" (those poor folks). LOL. :-)
    06-14-08 02:59 PM
    BBM uses data so you don't have to worry about it taking away form your texting.
    06-14-08 03:11 PM
    The wife and BB messenger back and forth all day long. We don't do enough sms to pay so its nice to have messenger over the data instead of getting charged .15 in snd out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 08:42 PM
    Welcome to CB! I agree with Crash.
    06-14-08 09:40 PM
    check out jive talk too...it's got a free trial (30 days) but you can purchase for twenty bucks and it uses your data plan too...the best thing is you can use AOL, gtalk, MSN, yahoo, IRC and some other chat clients all wrapped up into one pretty package. Google it and you'll find it pretty quickly.
    06-14-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD