The BlackBerry BIS 2.7 upgrade will occur overnight on 6/26-6/27. Customers will not have access to BIS services during the four hour upgrade period. The upgrade is scheduled for Pacific Time: 6/26 11 PM- 6/27 3 AM

This was just emailed to me... just a heads up on the situation

oh and its tomorrow nite... sorry...
    06-25-09 03:23 PM
    Thanks for the heads up Heather.
    06-25-09 03:49 PM
    Thanks for the notification.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 03:52 PM
    excelent thanks!

Hope everything go's smooth for you guys
    06-25-09 03:56 PM
    Hope it does not invalidate passwords like hotmail did. I will have a month off of work to avoid the tech calls

06-25-09 05:22 PM
    Do we know if this is cross the board for all BIS, or just Verizon.
    06-25-09 05:50 PM
    Hope it does not invalidate passwords like hotmail did. I will have a month off of work to avoid the tech calls
    This just in from RIM:

The June BlackBerry server update will accomplish the following:

• All passwords will be invalidated. Passwords from any Microsoft-owned entity will be permanently blocked because they are planning on making us look bad with WinMo7.
    • Upgrade will install software which will automatically bar Verizon Wireless employees from using any BlackBerry device until device has been on the market at least 365 days.
    • This update will disable any attempts to circumvent RIM servers. Anyone trying will be forced to use an old Palm Treo, while paying for BlackBerry data service.
    • Update will brick any phones using software not supplied through the BlackBerry AppWorld store. We really are trying to emulate the iPhone.
    • This upgrade will disable all data connectivity for anyone who badmouths the Storm.
    • BlackBerry users can expect their teeth to turn yellow, their hair to fall out, their joints to become arthritic and their dog to pee on the carpet.
    • BlackBerry customers will automatically be enrolled in a nationalized healthcare plan, just like we have in Canada, where medical attention will be so slow & incompetent, people will die after stubbing their toes.
    • Lastly, this update will enable RIM to send specific painless elecrtical pulses to the users' phones, making permanent their "waffle-cheeks."

And it all starts tomorrow night.

06-25-09 06:05 PM
    Do we know if this is cross the board for all BIS, or just Verizon.
    That would be all carriers.

06-25-09 06:09 PM
    That would be all carriers.

Thank you much.
    06-25-09 06:20 PM
    Oh... new issue...

We just received a notification that the BIS client website is broken (http://blackberry.com/go/vzw). It’s displaying a “Page Not Found” message. If customer’s call, assist with the BIS Admin Tool. No ETR, but it’s being worked on.

work around...
    google "blackberry internet service verizon"
    first search result. This SHOULD get you in...
    Ba da BIS ba da boom
    06-27-09 01:23 PM
    I always access BIS by this link directly --> https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Never fails
    06-27-09 01:47 PM
    I just tried the site and got the same error "page cannot be displayed". I was able to access the the rep webclient though.
    06-27-09 02:17 PM
    I'm having errors left and right with the admin client. Opened a ticket with itsd.

06-27-09 05:53 PM
    I always access BIS by this link directly --> https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Never fails

this works for me 2

I haven't had any issues so far..

and what was weird is it seems like my email was only down for maybe 2 hours last night...

I couldn't get into the site even when email started coming in but data worked throughout the entire process so that was nice.. IE bbm/gtalk viigo
    06-27-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD