I found a bunch of threads with discussion about why peoples inbox were showing up with a Y on it, and mine wasn't

we for what I found out is that Verizon.net email is hosted by Yahoo mail servers. blah. anyways. There could be some good news, but still trying to find out what other options we have. * Possible mark as read on device will show up on the pc mailbox as well.... not sure yet...

anyways.. Why don't I see this? well when i switched over form Verizon from Comcast. I found out that Verizon email service took forever to get email to my device, so I setup a gmail account to recieve my email then my reply address to be my verizon account, hiding my gmail account and faster email.

So since i have gmail as a mail server for me, I never saw the Y ever one is talking about....

well there it is. I just setup my verizon account and there it is.

Verizon Yahoo! for Broadband

Now you can make your online experience better than ever with your own personalized Verizon Yahoo! home page. With exciting content and features, stay plugged in to today's latest news, entertainment, sports and more. Enjoy a powerful search engine, award-winning mail and more from the world's #1 Internet brand.

What you get:
    • Mail - with unlimited online storage from the world's best email.
    • My Yahoo! - add personal flair to your page and get what interests you - mail, news, sports, facebook and more.
    • Exciting Content - top news sources, videos, photos, and blogs - get what matters to you.
    • Search - steer clear of viruses, spyware and spammy sites with built-in McAfee protection.
    • Instant Messaging - chat with all your friends from anywhere like Gmail, Hotmail, AOL and more.
    Verizon Yahoo! for Broadband - Click Here to Get It Now!

*remove verizon account back off......

Now if you want to get rid of it, that is all I can suggest. since verizon is hosted by Yahoo. who knows why......... but guess you have to deal with it or like others have suggested hide the icon and just us messages folder and just choose your reply address.....

Just a heads up to all....

* also hope most people will see this, because the posts were coming up in the Curve, Storm, and pearl sections, I am not going to post this is each section, just hope people can find this answer....
    Last edited by yester18; 12-14-08 at 12:17 AM.
    12-14-08 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD