10-10-09 10:20 AM
69 123
tools
    Funny thing is: I'm doing the opposite haha..
    I know - because you're a rational realist like I am.

And you also happen to have a bit of a sharp tongue, like I do.
    10-04-09 11:37 PM
    I do know how that goes.

Please bear in mind my words are not an attack on any rep, VZW or otherwise. It is a corporate mindset I rail against & VZW is the worst for it. They rely heavily on people staying with the status quo, more so than other carriers. But with advances in telecom, as well as a maturation of networks, it is really disingenuous to sit around with a BlackBerry claiming VZW is worth more because they give you more. Actually, dollar for dollar, VZW is not the best deal out there, nor the most reliable.

After all, with all of the outages & issues RIM has been having lately, no carrier has a better reliability record. If you want to demand reliability, you get something other than BlackBerry. When you think about it, even Cricket is more reliable, for millions, than VZW has been with BlackBerry. And, with those RIM outages, those iPhone users were snickering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    IPhone users have a 30% dropped call rate. I dropped 2 calls this year.

10-05-09 08:26 AM
    IPhone users have a 30% dropped call rate. I dropped 2 calls this year.
    Interesting - I have no dropped calls on mine. I must be more special than the average VZW user listening to random internal VZW chatter.
    10-05-09 08:45 AM
    Interesting - I have no dropped calls on mine. I must be more special than the average VZW user listening to random internal VZW chatter.
    Its from CNN, I figured you'd have read it. It was an article about IPhone loyalty vs. Iphone/AT&T loyalty.

10-05-09 09:03 AM

You can listen all day to VZW customers tell you of bad experiences with other carriers - yet those carriers hear of horror stories with VZW.
    Grass is always greener... good call

I go camping with people on other carriers. They don't care that their phones don't work in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't cause them to switch.
    Double good call; when we go to the mountains... I'm more PO'd if I HAVE service. Leave me alone already! LOL

I will stand by my thought surrounding VZW's corporate arrogance - about the only carrier that doesn't display a lot of arrogance is T-Mobile. VZW is the worst, followed closely by Sprint.
    Tmobile doesnt need to be arrogant. They are the only one with a sexy spokesperson... every 14yr old boy wants tmobile! LMAO

*sorry, Im being silly today...*
    10-05-09 09:27 AM

Tmobile doesnt need to be arrogant. They are the only one with a sexy spokesperson... every 14yr old boy wants tmobile! LMAO

*sorry, Im being silly today...*
    I think that makes me a 14 year old boy
    10-05-09 09:46 AM
    haha!!! you silly... that goes for my BF too I suppose... he loves those tmo commercials.
    10-05-09 09:58 AM
    Its from CNN, I figured you'd have read it. It was an article about IPhone loyalty vs. Iphone/AT&T loyalty.
    I pay no mind to slanted sources, like CNN. Their accuracy approaches that of a blind man with a Remington.

More on it from one of my favorite sites:

Poll Technica: iPhone dropped calls—is 30% normal? Defensible? - Ars Technica

It is a location-based issue, coupled with a few software goofs. Here, I have about the same connectivity with AT&T as VZW, but iPhone doesn't suffer server outages.

10-05-09 11:02 AM
    Well I for one am switching.
    Switching to Twins favorite Sprint......
    wouldn't save me that much.
    Besides AT&T's coverage is better than
    Sprint.
    But seeing those commercials I cannot
    justify paying a higher price with VZW.
    Btw I am getting that phone........
    Yeah the Jeeeezus phone.
    Don't get me wrong I liked VZW.
    But money talks..............
    Besides on the west coast;
    Cali. At&t aint that bad.........
    10-05-09 12:35 PM
    Twin u have a Jeezus phone too.
    U are even more of a geezer than
    me. So that makes it cool for geezers
    to have iphones if Twin has one.....;-)
    10-05-09 12:37 PM
    I pay no mind to slanted sources, like CNN. Their accuracy approaches that of a blind man with a Remington.

More on it from one of my favorite sites:

Poll Technica: iPhone dropped callsis 30% normal? Defensible? - Ars Technica

It is a location-based issue, coupled with a few software goofs. Here, I have about the same connectivity with AT&T as VZW, but iPhone doesn't suffer server outages.

I really don't have much trouble at all with server outages.

10-05-09 07:33 PM
    I really don't have much trouble at all with server outages.
    You would if your business depended on communications.

I have several devices picking up email from my servers - never a delay with anything other than BlackBerry. Twice in the past 10 days I have received & responded to email on my mobile devices. Not a peep from BlackBerrys. During one of the episodes, got one email in 36 hours, then suddenly I get 30 messages. About an hour later, I get another batch of 30 messages. It happened numerous additional times over the next twelve hours - the oldest messages were over a week old - long before read & answered on non-BlackBerry devices.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened and the RIM techs just blow it off as something I have to endure because they need to do something or I am told it is unreasonable to expect reliable email - I haven't depended on email through a BlackBerry device in probably a year or more. Unlike most of you, I have redundancy in my communications, so I get around it.

BlackBerry might be fine for unimportant communications, like chatter between kids, friends or soccer moms - these might go unnoticed anyway - but for mission-critical messages, sometimes with seven & eight digit contracts on the line, I will not rely on it anymore.

10-05-09 07:49 PM
    You would if your business depended on communications.

I have several devices picking up email from my servers - never a delay with anything other than BlackBerry. Twice in the past 10 days I have received & responded to email on my mobile devices. Not a peep from BlackBerrys. During one of the episodes, got one email in 36 hours, then suddenly I get 30 messages. About an hour later, I get another batch of 30 messages. It happened numerous additional times over the next twelve hours - the oldest messages were over a week old - long before read & answered on non-BlackBerry devices.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened and the RIM techs just blow it off as something I have to endure because they need to do something or I am told it is unreasonable to expect reliable email - I haven't depended on email through a BlackBerry device in probably a year or more. Unlike most of you, I have redundancy in my communications, so I get around it.

BlackBerry might be fine for unimportant communications, like chatter between kids, friends or soccer moms - these might go unnoticed anyway - but for mission-critical messages, sometimes with seven & eight digit contracts on the line, I will not rely on it anymore.

I've rarely experienced server outages, and when I have they haven't lasted very long, and usually not during working hours.

10-05-09 09:48 PM
    With over 200 non-spam messages a day, average, I notice it.

I really need to put down this BlackBerry - my old eyes are having trouble seeing the font with the lousy resolution.

10-05-09 09:53 PM
    All I have to say is that Sprint is generally considered the low cost leader of the big 4 and as most people who participate in the "mine is bigger than yours" debate know they are "bleeding customers." Don't they have the lowest phone prices.
    Hey, this is the company that terminated customers in the past for excessive calls to customer service. They did this at a time when they had 220,000 customers leave in the previous quarter (1Q '07.) They did have the lowest plan prices.
    But hey, they do have the lowest prices so why haven't AT&T and VZW followed suit.
    10-05-09 11:06 PM
    Bob has it figured out - low prices don't always equate with value or a good deal. This is why all my mechanics tools are Snap-On instead of from Sam's Club & my electrical meters are Fluke & not from Harbor Freight or Walmart.

People on Sprint often (but not always) went with price instead of performance.

10-06-09 12:18 AM
    With over 200 non-spam messages a day, average, I notice it.

I really need to put down this BlackBerry - my old eyes are having trouble seeing the font with the lousy resolution.

A laptop is a great alternative.

10-06-09 05:21 PM
    A laptop is a great alternative.
    The way I am going, I will soon need one with a 30" screen!
    10-07-09 04:28 PM
    You forget that VZW became #1 with over 80 million customers with the purchase of Alltel.

VZW BOUGHT Alltel's roughly 15 million customers. They didn't necessarily EARN those customers. VZW also paid for millions of other customers from various other companies.

Also remember that Alltel offered nights starting at 7PM and My Circle to reach more customers. So I don't think Alltel sold itself short when it was a very good buy for VZW. Alltel had the largest network coverage geographically and in rural communities.

Now is not the time for VZW to say "we have the most customers so we must be doing something right" - that doesn't work when you just bought millions of customers. Those customers can start leaving and going to other companies. Loyalty goes only so far when you start affecting the budgets of customers.
    Cingular did the same thing when they purchased AT&T, and then switched their name back to AT&T instead of Cingular. So at the time their ad's stated that they were the largest company and they got that way because of a purchase, not because customer picked them. Verizon has a good base with their friends and family program, when you combind that with the network, the ability to change your plan when you want with no penatly you have a winning situation. Yes customer's are going to pick and choose where they want to go, but I do remember a specific quote coming from an AT&T exec that stated they still have their "Crown Jewel," in the Iphone... Now I impose this question.... what happens when you take the crown jewel from a company?? Where does that leave them?

I'm simply stating that VZW does not put all their eggs in one basket, no matter if that basket happens to be a promotion, a phone, a plan... VZW has the people in place that know the market and how it changes and has done an awesome job at being able to adapt to the changes.
    10-10-09 10:20 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD