10-10-09 10:20 AM
69 123
tools
    It will be interesting to see if VZW responds............
    10-03-09 06:30 PM
    Oh also I wonder if u could get that with a data plan?
    Its independent of your data plan, if you have at least 900 min on a single line plan, you're eligible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 07:41 PM
    I went to my local VzW store today hoping to play with or see the upcoming
    dummy phones.
    Well I got into an interesting conversation with him about this new deal with
    AT&T. Well he informed me that with that plan you are allowed only so many
    minutes to talk with those on your fab five. Once u go over that they cut u
    off; he said yeah u gotta read the fine print. I got a good laugh from that one. Just thought I would pass it along since I started this thread
    10-03-09 09:15 PM
    No limits & I did confirm rollover is also included.

A-List

10-03-09 11:22 PM
    No limits & I did confirm rollover is also included.

A-List

Wow thanks Twin. Gonna be interesting
    10-04-09 08:00 AM
    Someone may correct me though, if you drop to a "lower" plan you will lose all of your rollover minutes. They roll away and never come back!

When you change your pp on att... say
    your on 1400 min plan and have 5000 rollover min in your bucket..
    you decide to go to 700 to "use up your rollover...
    well once the pp goes into effect the system "expires" all but 700 of your rollover min!
    Its a great thing that is in the fine fine print and no rep ever tells a customer enless they want an auto sup call...
    10-04-09 10:46 AM
    Oh also I wonder if u could get that with a data plan?
    What do you mean? Do you mean if you bundle your plan to make it hit the minimum threshold of dollar amount? If you do, the answer is not, its a minutes threshold.

It will be interesting to see if VZW responds............

Already said no, VZW is going to "respond" because it isnt needed.
    10-04-09 11:14 AM
    already said no, VZW is going to "respond" because it isnt needed.
    I don't know if u elaborated on your answer. Not needed by VZW because
    it will not affect their bottom line. Or adding something similar to rollover
    minutes wouldn't be a real benefit to VZW customers?

I know I know but not to mention Sprint who dropped their all inclusive
    to $70.00
    10-04-09 11:52 AM
    I don't know if u elaborated on your answer. Not needed by VZW because
    it will not affect their bottom line. Or adding something similar to rollover
    minutes wouldn't be a real benefit to VZW customers?

I know I know but not to mention Sprint who dropped their all inclusive
    to $70.00
    Making nights and weekends earlier or adding rollover or anything like that costs the company more money. Verizon has a whole group of people that come up with business strategies. Why would they change anything (that costs more) when they are already a very profitable company. Would some customers like those type of feature? Sure. But they are fine without them.
    10-04-09 12:03 PM
    Making nights and weekends earlier or adding rollover or anything like that costs the company more money. Verizon has a whole group of people that come up with business strategies. Why would they change anything (that costs more) when they are already a very profitable company. Would some customers like those type of feature? Sure. But they are fine without them.
    Earlier nights and weekends would be very nice.................
    But also isn't attracting more new customers profitable.
    Hypothetically say if VZW could add 5million new customers
    with friends n family adding rollover mins wouldn't that be profitable as well?
    Just pulled a number outa my arse.............
    I don't know and I am not an accountant or am pretending to be one.
    But if u sold five widgets a month at 5cents a piece.
    Then u decided to drop the widget price to 3cents a piece
    and it cost two cents to make them and as a result you
    increased your sales to 25 widgets a month hummmmm.
    I also never heard of any business saying we have already
    made enough money...........
    Isn't it about mo money mo money mo money
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 10-04-09 at 12:26 PM.
    10-04-09 12:24 PM
    Earlier nights and weekends would be very nice.................
    But also isn't attracting more new customers profitable.
    Hypothetically say if VZW could add 5million new customers
    with friends n family adding rollover mins wouldn't that be profitable as well?
    Just pulled a number outa my arse.............
    I don't know and I am not an accountant or am pretending to be one.
    But if u sold five widgets a month at 5cents a piece.
    Then u decided to drop the widget price to 3cents a piece
    and it cost two cents to make them and as a result you
    increased your sales to 25 widgets a month hummmmm.
    I also never heard of any business saying we have already
    made enough money...........
    Isn't it about mo money mo money mo money
    Im done, you dont understand the overall business outlook on it. Yes, decreasing your prices attracts more people but decreasing your prices mean it costs the company more. Verizon has the most customers in the United States already, why would they undercut themselves?
    10-04-09 12:36 PM
    Im done, you dont understand the overall business outlook on it. Yes, decreasing your prices attracts more people but decreasing your prices mean it costs the company more. Verizon has the most customers in the United States already, why would they undercut themselves?
    Maybe I don't and I never claimed to. Just asking questions to educate myself. Just friendly informative banter kind sir/ma'm......
    I get it you're the VZW ceo aren't u.
    Late
    10-04-09 12:51 PM
    Quite possibly because if the current differential continues, VZW will find themselves in the number two position in just shy of two years.

10-04-09 03:50 PM
    You forget that VZW became #1 with over 80 million customers with the purchase of Alltel.

VZW BOUGHT Alltel's roughly 15 million customers. They didn't necessarily EARN those customers. VZW also paid for millions of other customers from various other companies.

Also remember that Alltel offered nights starting at 7PM and My Circle to reach more customers. So I don't think Alltel sold itself short when it was a very good buy for VZW. Alltel had the largest network coverage geographically and in rural communities.

Now is not the time for VZW to say "we have the most customers so we must be doing something right" - that doesn't work when you just bought millions of customers. Those customers can start leaving and going to other companies. Loyalty goes only so far when you start affecting the budgets of customers.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 10-04-09 at 04:04 PM.
    10-04-09 04:00 PM
    You forget that VZW became #1 with over 80 million customers with the purchase of Alltel.

VZW BOUGHT Alltel's roughly 15 million customers. They didn't necessarily EARN those customers. VZW also paid for millions of other customers from various other companies.

Also remember that Alltel offered nights starting at 7PM and My Circle to reach more customers. So I don't think Alltel sold itself short when it was a very good buy for VZW. Alltel had the largest network coverage geographically and in rural communities.

Now is not the time for VZW to say "we have the most customers so we must be doing something right" - that doesn't work when you just bought millions of customers. Those customers can start leaving and going to other companies. Loyalty goes only so far when you start affecting the budgets of customers.
    Wow no thats really putting a different spin on things isn't it.
    10-04-09 05:18 PM
    No one can rest on their laurels and stay #1.
    In sports; in the work force no one.
    10-04-09 05:20 PM

Good point - but don't forget that is also how AT&T got as big as they are.

Is VZW service worth the price difference over Sprint? For 48 million Sprint customers, no. Is VZW coverage better than AT&T? For 80 million AT&T customers, no.

The vast majority of cell phone customers don't care if they can get good coverage on VZW in Peoria - because most people will never go to Peoria. They care that their service works at home, at work, at school. Period. In the Phoenix area, VZW & Sprint work best, but at my house now, AT&T is better. So much for VZW superiority.

Also, the vast majority of customers couldn't care less about 3G, 4G, WiFi, GPS, LTE or WiMAX - because the majority of cell customers use their phones to make calls and MAYBE text. Look at all the T-Mobile customers, then tell me that high-speed data is a concern.

Why do I think VZW will not be matching AT&T anytime soon? Take a look at the history. VZW moved to 9PM, even with Sprint, Alltel & others staying at 7PM. They didn't budge with Sprint's Everything plans. They didn't move over Cingular's Rollover plans. They finally added a "circle" plan in hopes of retaining Alltel customers. They continue claiming their higher price is justified by their "superior" network - something that the majority of cell customers don't see. Put AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile customers together & you have a customer base roughly twice that of VZW - and VZW is losing ground to AT&T. After the AT&T/Cingular merger, the combined company regularly added more lines than did VZW, & the gap was widened.

Even now, the gap between the number of customers on AT&T vs VZW is narrowing. Blind allegiance to & defense of a company that is proving to not be adept at changing with the market isn't a good thing. The corporate landscape is littered with the corpses of companies that didn't adapt & are either no longer in existence or are only shells of their former selves.

VZW will not budge willingly because of VZW corporate arrogance.

10-04-09 06:06 PM
    Well put Twin; and like u said with most consumers money talks and BS walks. Maybe oneday I will say huge deposit
    be damned and switch to AT&T......
    10-04-09 07:45 PM
    Is VZW coverage better than AT&T? For 80 million AT&T customers, no.

Although out of that 80 million for ATT, how may left for the iPhone and really do not have better coverage than there prior carrier? Just a thought. I hear people say all the time that I love my iPhone, but hate ATT.
    10-04-09 08:01 PM
    Although out of that 80 million for ATT, how may left for the iPhone and really do not have better coverage than there prior carrier? Just a thought. I hear people say all the time that I love my iPhone, but hate ATT.
    And how many left VZW to get a flip phone? We hear people all the time here say how much they hate VZW, too.

You can listen all day to VZW customers tell you of bad experiences with other carriers - yet those carriers hear of horror stories with VZW.

For the vast majority of cell phone users, it doesn't matter which carrier they are on. Take my sister, for example. Retired AT&T. Still on AT&T because of her concession - basically the same concession program I get with them. She stays mostly in Phoenix. When she travels, she goes to places like Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas - all in a plane. The only place she drives to is Tucson. She gets good coverage on whatever carrier she is on. She chooses the cheapest - under the concession - and is 100% happy. She doesn't care that she might not have a signal in rural areas, because she doesn't go to any.

I go camping with people on other carriers. They don't care that their phones don't work in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't cause them to switch.

Many of the iPhone horror stories are false - they are mostly trumped up tales. This is evidenced by the fact that time & time again, iPhone users rate their cell experience far above BlackBerry users. Go check out pcmag.com or cnet.com & see just how unhappy those iPhone users are. Then take a look at VZW BlackBerry users - it isn't a pretty comparison.

I will stand by my thought surrounding VZW's corporate arrogance - about the only carrier that doesn't display a lot of arrogance is T-Mobile. VZW is the worst, followed closely by Sprint.

But you know I call them as I see them. I don't hold a lot of loyalty toward any one carrier, nor am I a fan of their business practices. If I had to choose one good carrier, it would probably have been Helio - but the Virgin buyout may have muddied those waters.

10-04-09 08:39 PM
    And how many left VZW to get a flip phone? We hear people all the time here say how much they hate VZW, too.

You can listen all day to VZW customers tell you of bad experiences with other carriers - yet those carriers hear of horror stories with VZW.

For the vast majority of cell phone users, it doesn't matter which carrier they are on. Take my sister, for example. Retired AT&T. Still on AT&T because of her concession - basically the same concession program I get with them. She stays mostly in Phoenix. When she travels, she goes to places like Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas - all in a plane. The only place she drives to is Tucson. She gets good coverage on whatever carrier she is on. She chooses the cheapest - under the concession - and is 100% happy. She doesn't care that she might not have a signal in rural areas, because she doesn't go to any.

I go camping with people on other carriers. They don't care that their phones don't work in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't cause them to switch.

Many of the iPhone horror stories are false - they are mostly trumped up tales. This is evidenced by the fact that time & time again, iPhone users rate their cell experience far above BlackBerry users. Go check out pcmag.com or cnet.com & see just how unhappy those iPhone users are. Then take a look at VZW BlackBerry users - it isn't a pretty comparison.

I will stand by my thought surrounding VZW's corporate arrogance - about the only carrier that doesn't display a lot of arrogance is T-Mobile. VZW is the worst, followed closely by Sprint.

But you know I call them as I see them. I don't hold a lot of loyalty toward any one carrier, nor am I a fan of their business practices. If I had to choose one good carrier, it would probably have been Helio - but the Virgin buyout may have muddied those waters.

I agree with a lot of what you say. As a whole I think most customers as well carrier employees are rather transient. Go where the grass is greener at the moment.

Wish I could say more, but you know that goes
    10-04-09 09:06 PM
    I agree with a lot of what you say. As a whole I think most customers as well carrier employees are rather transient. Go where the grass is greener at the moment.

Wish I could say more, but you know that goes
    I do know how that goes.

Please bear in mind my words are not an attack on any rep, VZW or otherwise. It is a corporate mindset I rail against & VZW is the worst for it. They rely heavily on people staying with the status quo, more so than other carriers. But with advances in telecom, as well as a maturation of networks, it is really disingenuous to sit around with a BlackBerry claiming VZW is worth more because they give you more. Actually, dollar for dollar, VZW is not the best deal out there, nor the most reliable.

After all, with all of the outages & issues RIM has been having lately, no carrier has a better reliability record. If you want to demand reliability, you get something other than BlackBerry. When you think about it, even Cricket is more reliable, for millions, than VZW has been with BlackBerry. And, with those RIM outages, those iPhone users were snickering.

10-04-09 09:21 PM
    Twin very smart guy just wanted to add that.
    10-04-09 09:28 PM
    Twin very smart guy just wanted to add that.
    Thanks - but I am no smarter than anyone here. I just like reality & reason over emotion & hype.

I can understand how VZW employees defend the company they work for. That is only natural & I admire the loyalty, even when they are often only reguritating the company line. But when the everyday Joe, like you & me does it, I smell someone defending their choice as being the most educated. In reality, there are many reasons someone chooses a carrier or a TV signal provider or even the car they drive. All too often, it is because someone close to them told them it was a good choice - and that is wrong.

I could be a rich man along the lines of Bill Gates if I were to hand people unbranded phones for a week & ask them to tell me which carrier they were on. Most would not be able to answer accurately & my bets would turn out well for me.

And, if RIM & VZW were to close their doors tonight, most people reading these words would be just fine tomorrow - on an iPhone or a WM phone or an Android device. Sprint, HTC, AT&T, T-Mobile & Moto would pick up the slack.

It is just a phone & the finest purveyor of phones - Western Electric - no longer exists.
    10-04-09 10:19 PM
    I can understand how VZW employees defend the company they work for. That is only natural & I admire the loyalty, even when they are often only reguritating the company line.
    Funny thing is: I'm doing the opposite haha..

Don't get me wrong though - I think VZW is a great company and great company to work for, but my paycheck doesn't have enough 0's on it to make me care enough to say just about anything to support every aspect of it. Because if it did, then I'd be calling some of the shots!
    Last edited by tsguy52; 10-04-09 at 11:22 PM.
    10-04-09 11:20 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD