10-10-09 10:20 AM
69 123
tools
    Heard an ad today that along with your rollover minutes at&t will be adding
    a fav five or something similar to vzw's friends & family.
    I know it is merely speculation. But do you think vzw will eventually
    respond? Would love to hear from the reps and those of you in the know.
    Sprint with its $70.00 now this from at&t.
    Imo that move by at&t is huge................
    10-02-09 10:08 PM
    Well, the thing with AT&T adding the Fab 5 or whatever they call it is that you get to save all these extra minutes AND use rollover so it sounds good at first until you realize that after a couple months you are going to have more minutes than you're ever going to use and it's almost like wasted money. That's my opinion, at least. I definitely know others will have a different opinion =)
    10-02-09 10:23 PM
    Well, the thing with AT&T adding the Fab 5 or whatever they call it is that you get to save all these extra minutes AND use rollover so it sounds good at first until you realize that after a couple months you are going to have more minutes than you're ever going to use and it's almost like wasted money. That's my opinion, at least. I definitely know others will have a different opinion =)
    I would love to know the pricing; because you could eventually drop down to the lowest pricing plan. Save a ton of dough in the long run.
    10-02-09 10:28 PM
    Thatis one thing that you will need to check into. Is there a minimum price plan to qualify you for their program like VZW has? 900 minutes for single line and 1400 minutes for family share.
    10-02-09 10:37 PM
    The problem with both AT&T and Sprint's new pricing reductions is that customer's are likely to downgrade their plans, thus losing more money while trying to attract new customers...
    10-02-09 10:38 PM
    The problem with both AT&T and Sprint's new pricing reductions is that customer's are likely to downgrade their plans, thus losing more money while trying to attract new customers...
    U know though I'm guessing they are thinking volume will equate to profit.
    The accoutants had to have crunched big numbers before they put this out.
    10-03-09 06:31 AM
    VZW is usually a flagship carrier for huge changes I am sure that VZW is going to come out on the offensive here soon by the holiday season. Their finally starting to get cool handsets and the holiday lineup is supposed to be amazing, so we'lls ee. Also got an email yesterday...with the subject "VZW calls out att&t" about some aggressive commercials and marketing coming out next week! Let the war continue it's been on for some time.
    10-03-09 07:14 AM
    Things should start getting good because of the holidays of course... I have not heard about any new features ( besides the new manditory data features for the Rogue )
    It will definately cause people to reduce their pricing plans on att Im sure; considering that the rollover min are used AFTER using regular min up and expire after 1yr month to month. The "A-list" is just going to make this more evidant.

Im looking forward to some great commercials even surpassing my fav...

"PAPERWEIGHT MODE"
    10-03-09 07:38 AM

"PAPERWEIGHT MODE"

hahah! love that one! I cant wait to see what is happening end of 4th quarter start of 1st. With Jack Plating VZW EVP retiring at years end along with Dennis Strigl (Pres) I expect some younger minds to start running the company and make some big changes..2010 is already coming out LTE...cant wait to see what happens!
    10-03-09 09:19 AM
    Heard an ad today that along with your rollover minutes at&t will be adding
    a fav five or something similar to vzw's friends & family.
    I know it is merely speculation. But do you think vzw will eventually
    respond? Would love to hear from the reps and those of you in the know.
    Sprint with its $70.00 now this from at&t.
    Imo that move by at&t is huge................
    Well being that they will be losing exclusivity of the Iphone shortly and im confident thats the main reason people still use them, they needed to do something.

Verizon doesnt need to do anything such as earlier nights and weekends or a cheaper unlimited plan because they are an established carrier with a great network and track record. No need to undercut here.
    10-03-09 09:31 AM
    No.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-03-09 10:46 AM
    AT&T's A-list is a great feature for someone who's on a higher rate plan and wants to lower it. However, as mentioned by lastraid, there's a rate plan minimum. I'm sure VZN will be sure to follow. The competition is fierce in the wireless industry. Who's going to be at the top of the J.D. Powers this year?
    10-03-09 11:07 AM
    Also got an email yesterday...with the subject "VZW calls out att&t" about some aggressive commercials and marketing coming out next week! Let the war continue it's been on for some time.
    haha got the same e-mail...

WANT 5 TIMES MORE 3G COVERAGE?
    THERE'S A MAP FOR THAT.
    *3G comparison Map*
    10-03-09 11:18 AM
    Like F&F, A-List is for the higher rate plans.

I would also speculate that you will be able to select either a rollover plan or an A-List plan & not both. I will look further, though.

10-03-09 11:46 AM
    I don't know what there is to change. VZW's and ATT pricing is virtually the same. The competition is just scrapping far whatever they can come up with to attract new customers

10-03-09 11:48 AM
    Someone may correct me though, if you drop to a "lower" plan you will lose all of your rollover minutes. They roll away and never come back!

10-03-09 12:10 PM
    I wish they would, but I don't see Verizon budging from their current plans.
    10-03-09 12:39 PM
    Someone may correct me though, if you drop to a "lower" plan you will lose all of your rollover minutes. They roll away and never come back!
    From my understanding, yes - change plans & lose accumulated rollover minutes.

10-03-09 01:29 PM

i'm pretty sure you're correct on that.
    10-03-09 01:49 PM
    The thing is you get a list and rollover both...
    But while you may build up a ton of rollover minutes once you begin using your a list, you can't then drop to a lower plan to save money as:
    a) rollover minutes are capped when you drop your rate plan
    b) a list is only available on 900 min individual plan & higher or 1400 min family plan & higher.

So really lowering minutes isn't an option, so in theory this feature will only save you money if you had a REALLY high voice plan. IMO it's not that great.
    10-03-09 02:28 PM
    The thing is you get a list and rollover both...
    But while you may build up a ton of rollover minutes once you begin using your a list, you can't then drop to a lower plan to save money as:
    a) rollover minutes are capped when you drop your rate plan
    b) a list is only available on 900 min individual plan & higher or 1400 min family plan & higher.

So really lowering minutes isn't an option, so in theory this feature will only save you money if you had a REALLY high voice plan. IMO it's not that great.
    Or unless u come in as a new customer get the lowest possible plan with
    fav 5 build up your minutes that way.
    I think its a way to attract new customers. VZW would have to start
    loosing a significant amount of customers to follow suit.
    Say for me I have 1350 min. thats the lowest I can go with my Storm
    and have friends and family. I have minutes left over if vzw would implement rollover I would be a big winner in the long run. A alot of people won't
    leave AT&T because of the rollover minutes.
    Things may get interesting as time passes.
    10-03-09 03:13 PM
    I can see your point that yes to new customers it is pretty appealing
    10-03-09 04:58 PM
    Or unless u come in as a new customer get the lowest possible plan with
    fav 5 build up your minutes that way.
    I think its a way to attract new customers. VZW would have to start
    loosing a significant amount of customers to follow suit.
    Say for me I have 1350 min. thats the lowest I can go with my Storm
    and have friends and family. I have minutes left over if vzw would implement rollover I would be a big winner in the long run. A alot of people won't
    leave AT&T because of the rollover minutes.
    Things may get interesting as time passes.
    Lowest is 900.

10-03-09 05:58 PM
    Lowest is 900.

Oh also I wonder if u could get that with a data plan?
    10-03-09 06:28 PM
    I can see your point that yes to new customers it is pretty appealing
    Especially those at the end of a contract............... u betcha
    10-03-09 06:29 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD