anyone have their upgrade dates moved up by a large amount, say over 6 months?

i have def had them move up dates by a couple months, actually last time(3 months ago) got them to move up 2 upgrades for me so i could use the BOGO for the bold.

now want to get 2 droid x phones, or at least one of them, and my monthly bill is almost 300 between 4 different lines on a family plan and 3 of them being smartphones.

the bold was def a step up from the tour in terms of the trackpad and the wifi, which i desperately needed for my apt, but the lack of true os upgrades(most notably the horrendous browser) has gotten me tired of this phone and ready to try something new and better.
    11-13-10 09:19 AM
    It never hurts to try...but I would say no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 10:21 AM
    They pushed mine up by 8 months.

Beeray
    11-13-10 10:39 AM
    I have had an upgrade date pushed up for the wife 12 months early, but she was moving from a regular phone to a smartphone.

11-13-10 10:59 AM
    I say ask...you might even qualify for something right now. There are a few Holiday Promotions going on right now that are account specific.
    11-13-10 12:56 PM
    I've had mine moved up by 11 months once.
    11-13-10 02:03 PM
    My upgrade for my main line was Aug 2010 and Jan. 2011 for the second line. Back in April they let me upgrade both lines from feature phones to smart phones. However my wife decided she didn't want a smart phone on the second line, so she returned the smart phone after just a couple of days. She has decided now she wants a smart phone and I called Verizon last week and they said she had to wait until 30 days before her upgrade date before she can upgrade now.

Its the all about who you talk to, what kind of promos they are running, and your standing with them. Best thing to do is call and ask, all they can say is no.
    11-13-10 03:14 PM
    If Verizon wants me to stay with them, they have done it.
    11-13-10 03:16 PM
    If Verizon wants me to stay with them, they have done it.
    When people call in with this attitude, I just say no to everything. Kindness goes a long way, I bend over backwards for people that just act like people and don't expect or demand things.
    11-13-10 04:39 PM
    When people call in with this attitude, I just say no to everything. Kindness goes a long way, I bend over backwards for people that just act like people and don't expect or demand things.
    Agreed. When I have called with problems and threatened, I was told no. When I cooled down, and apologized, they helped me out so much. So now I am always thanking, and treating them like real humans. They don't get paid enough to have people yell at them. Would you say yes when people yell at you?

11-13-10 04:44 PM
    verizon has been good to me and am overall pleased for the most part with their service so they have definitely made me a loyal customer despite the expensive price plans.

my uncle might want to come over to verizon and get a smart phone, i wonder if i can try to work that in my favor, maybe add him to family plan. hes looking at a droid, likes the fascinate, my sister just got that one last month.
    11-13-10 10:43 PM
    If you go from a simple feature phone to a smartphone or want to take advantage of a BOGO offer they usually do it but if your going from 1 smartphone to another and there's no new data plan it might be tougher. My girl works for verizon and yeah she says when ppl threaten to switch to a different carrier they never really get anywhere with that approach.

11-13-10 11:42 PM
    If they do decide to move it up any promo will be void. But they might if your going to get 2 androids.

12-03-10 09:58 PM
    I agree.

Do you have some kind of legit beef? Are you totally willing to go through with your threat? I've found that making empty threats or throwing a temper tantrum to get what you want probably won't get you to far. These people didn't just fall off a turnip truck and most of them would have already heard this act before.

You'd probably have more luck asking nicely and if they say no, accepting gracefully. After all, you signed a contract with terms that included terms of an upgrade. If someone tried to get you to change your contract with them just because they wanted to, don't you think you might not go along with it?
    12-04-10 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD