or advertisements by Verizon about the new Blackberrys that are "SUPPOSED" to come out in May 09? I already bit the bullet and got a curve 8330 a few weeks ago, but i was wondering if there was any official chatter from verizon about their new phones?
    02-25-09 11:33 AM
    No official announcements. Of course you've got the "insider info" and all the other rumors that are floating around. Do some searching here on CB and you'll be amazed at all the differing points of view.
    02-25-09 11:52 AM
    I don't think that we have any thing offical from any one yet on who is getting what new and who is not getting anything new. I guess we will all just have to wait and see, its just going to be a big suprise to all of us.
    02-25-09 11:58 AM
    I just read the "Bold to Verizon" thread and it asked the same question...please disregard this post.
    02-25-09 12:00 PM
    or advertisements by Verizon about the new Blackberrys that are "SUPPOSED" to come out in May 09? I already bit the bullet and got a curve 8330 a few weeks ago, but i was wondering if there was any official chatter from verizon about their new phones?
    No. Nor should we expect any. Typically the most we see is a press release on their site or a phone blog a week or two before. The Storm is the exception, not the rule.
    02-26-09 02:29 AM
    I hope they don't get one in the next few months, I decided not to wait on getting a curve because I'd be pissed if I waited until May and then the new ones didn't come out.
    Either way, they definitely would be way more expensive, even with a NE2 discount. By the time I'm ready for my next upgrade, they'll be cheap!
    02-26-09 01:24 PM
    By the time I'm ready for my next upgrade, they'll be cheap!
    More than likely, by that time, the next great anticipated release (or the one after that) will be coming & you'll want that.

Posted from my proudly VZW CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 02:41 PM
    Is it safe to add my "VZW Reps don't know release dates for future BB's" here??? LOL

Seriously, we dont know about relase dates typically we don't get release dates 1-2 weeks before. And lately, it's been 1-2 days! I didn't even know we were release a new PTT device this week, we didnt know til the day it came out. The LG Versa comes out this wknd and we just found out bout this one last week.

Something as hyped as the Storm is a rarity. Since it's exclusives, it's an exception to the rule. The 8930 (Curve 2), 9030 (Bold), and 8230(Pearl Flip) most likely won't get the center stage attention that the Storm did because by the time they do come out, these devices will have already been in circulation for months on other carriers. They aren't technically "NEW", just new to our network.

Once the next big thing in devices comes out, you'll know about the hype.
    02-26-09 06:37 PM
    Something as hyped as the Storm is a rarity. Since it's exclusives, it's an exception to the rule. The 8930 (Curve 2), 9030 (Bold), and 8230(Pearl Flip) most likely won't get the center stage attention that the Storm did because by the time they do come out, these devices will have already been in circulation for months on other carriers. They aren't technically "NEW", just new to our network.
    Well unless they are going to be significantly different from other CDMA BB launches you and Sprint will get them first and within a few days (maybe a week) of each other. 8830 and 8330 Curve were both that way.

But yes I doubt they will be center stage. They will certainly show up in advertising but probably along side other devices. There wont be a full blown media blitz like the Storm . . . and that's good . . . at least for ME . . . . . I don't want to have to order mine and then wait 10 days for it to arrive.
    02-27-09 01:27 AM
    Wait - I recall the 8330 hit VZW first, didn't it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 12:36 PM
    Nothing official yet, just rumors.
    02-27-09 12:40 PM
    I pretty sure if you search for bb codename niagra (curve 8900 equivalent) this is supposed to realease in may but realisticly I'd expect june :/ but keep searching bound to be some credible info out there.

02-27-09 01:47 PM
    just found this:

wwwwhha wwhhhha wwwwhhha blackberrycool.com/2009/02/rumor-sprint-blackberry-niagara-details-confirmed/

Sometimes you need to post a poorly researched rumor in order to get the real details. Recently, an engineer at Sprint confirmed the following details about the Sprint BlackBerry Niagara:

The BlackBerry Niagara is slated to launch in Q3 and will have the following specs:

EVDOrA
    GSM 850, 900,1800,1900and UMTS 2100 (japan)
    International Data will support GPRS, EDGE, UMTS & HSPA
    3MP Camera
    1400 MA Battery

Verizon will launch the device before Sprint because they are basically just paying for the Broadcom patent infringement to use the chipset in its existing form. Sprint wants the re-engineering effort to happen so they don’t have to pay the Broadcom fee so their launch will be a little later.
    02-27-09 03:05 PM
    Wait - I recall the 8330 hit VZW first, didn't it?

Yes it did. Sprint announced it first but then VZW launched it literally the day before Sprint.
    02-28-09 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD