01-27-09 09:53 AM
49 12
tools
    Installed it yesterday with no problems. So faer everything works great. A bit peppier too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 01:25 PM
    Anyone know if I can use this with Sasktel? A Canadian carrier. I've got v4.3.0.124.
    01-19-09 09:18 PM
    Anyone know if I can use this with Sasktel? A Canadian carrier. I've got v4.3.0.124.
    IF they phone you use is an 8330 (that exact model number, not another 83xx series phone) then yes it will work. This is for CDMA curves only.
    01-19-09 09:25 PM
    Thanks, 4.5 here I come.
    01-20-09 01:25 AM
    I have been using the upgraded operating system for 2 full days. The speaker phone blast still occurs but not as loud or frequent. Everything else is fine
    01-20-09 08:37 PM
    I did it yesterday morning. Working flawlessly and faster than .77. I did delete vendor.xml and installed directly by launching apploader separately.
    01-21-09 10:07 AM
    Hey every1-i was also looking into this, and called a vzw rep first b4 doin so. Im glad i did, bcuz she did explain to me that this is a software upgrade for the STORM and not for the curve at all. She did also say that a few people have called in after using this software for their curve bcuz it completely fried their berry :'( and nothing could be done at that point bcuz they put the wrong software into their berry now voided their warranty. that sux! She did give me a website to use to ck for the most current software upgrades avail for berry phones. BlackBerry® Software Updates go to the bottom of the page-check off personal "email" - choose ur model berry-and it will show the latest s/w avail. I hope this helped to keep from ruining the berry--that would be bad!
    01-21-09 05:13 PM
    Hey every1-i was also looking into this, and called a vzw rep first b4 doin so. Im glad i did, bcuz she did explain to me that this is a software upgrade for the STORM and not for the curve at all. She did also say that a few people have called in after using this software for their curve bcuz it completely fried their berry :'( and nothing could be done at that point bcuz they put the wrong software into their berry now voided their warranty. that sux! She did give me a website to use to ck for the most current software upgrades avail for berry phones. BlackBerry® Software Updates go to the bottom of the page-check off personal "email" - choose ur model berry-and it will show the latest s/w avail. I hope this helped to keep from ruining the berry--that would be bad!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Storm does not use OS 4.5
    It runs on OS 4.7
    So I can't see how this OS will fry your berry.

If others are saying they get faster navigation, I think I'm going to upgrade mine from .77
    01-21-09 06:04 PM
    So....ask the VZW rep why so many of us have upgraded our Curves to 119 and have had no issues. In fact, mine's runnig great.

01-21-09 06:22 PM
    Either the VZ rep didn't hear you or wasn't listening.
    Storms run on a 4.7.x.xx OS
    Last edited by jens.bberry; 01-21-09 at 07:01 PM.
    01-21-09 06:58 PM
    This is not for the Storm it is for the Curve. I've upgraded (like MANY others) and it works flawlessly.
    01-21-09 07:41 PM
    I upgraded mine on top of the previous .77
    Anyone notice a difference of installing over the old version in comparison to a clean (wipe) install?
    01-21-09 08:28 PM
    I am just passin on way the vzw rep said-yea maybe she wasn't listening but I was pretty clear w/her bout the curve with a 4.5.0.119 s/w upgrade a few times and she still said it was 4 the storm. Idk? :l got me then--

01-21-09 08:48 PM
    4.5.0.119 is ONLY for the 8330 curve. The rep didn't understand and/or know what she was talking about. There's more discussion in the curve forum too.

Last edited by autostadt; 01-21-09 at 09:14 PM.
    01-21-09 09:07 PM
    Have it installed after a clean wipe. Gained 12 MB of internal memory.
    Not sure if it's due to the new version, or the clean wipe.
    01-22-09 12:04 AM
    Why would you even bother to call Verizon about this East Asian OS? What did you expect them to say?
    01-22-09 12:26 AM
    i installed it last night but i didn't delete the vendor file... so far no problems.
    01-22-09 11:44 AM
    Has anyone noticed a memory leak since updating to this OS?
    I haven't installed anything new or deleted anything since installing but I've noticed a drop since then.
    I delete my messages and browser regularly but I've noticed this has started within the last couple of days.
    Or is it just me? =/
    01-22-09 07:45 PM
    I begin having the issue recently when running version .77
    It could have been caused by the most rescent applications installed on my device, such as Slacker.
    The new OS .119 has increased my memory. I still have memory leaks, but it's far less than before.

01-22-09 10:52 PM
    Are there steps on how to upgrade the OS?? I am a newbie and am afraid I am going to mess things up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    01-26-09 11:38 PM
    Are there steps on how to upgrade the OS?? I am a newbie and am afraid I am going to mess things up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    There are tons of them on this site. Since you are a newbie, your first lesson is to use this wonderful feature called "search". How it works is you type words describing what you want to know in this little box and click the button. Then you get a list of all of the threads that talk about what you want to know. Once you have mastered that we will be glad to answer any other questions that are not answered by what that miraculous feature. Welcome to Crackberry.com
    01-26-09 11:51 PM
    you definitely exemplify the word "stereotype"
    01-26-09 11:57 PM
    you definitely exemplify the word "stereotype"
    Not trying to be mean but there are links to those posts on the main crackberry page and every blog entry about a leaked OS, a number of people's signatures, and in several device specific boards. The info is not hard to find, and after the thousandth time someone asks the same thing because they are too lazy to do a small amount of looking it gets old fast.

I'm sorry if I offended you.
    01-27-09 12:22 AM
    .119 works great on my 8330
    01-27-09 09:53 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD