When i decide to upgrade from my Curve 8330 I will have to give up my Alltel plan and get a VZW plan...

Has anyone done this so far? How much more will the VZW plan cost over the Alltel plan?

Any suggestions to make it easier??
    08-14-09 01:58 PM
    How much are you paying now and what features do you have?
    08-14-09 02:06 PM
    Unless your changing your plan, you keep your Alltel plan.
    Re-up your Alltel plan and get the VZW device at the 2 year rate.
    08-14-09 06:20 PM
    That's what i was wondering if i could keep my same plan and get a new phone.

I have the 500 minute plan with basic voicemail, unlimited text and data, nights and weekends starts at 7pm and insurance. Around $105 a month.
    08-15-09 08:20 AM
    CBRblackberry, yes you can. Keep the plan you have (extend one or two years) and get a new VZW blackberry at contract rate.
    If a rep tries to tell you any different they are dead wrong.
    08-15-09 11:10 AM
    I just recently did exactly what you're talking about. I am also an Altell VZW conversion survivor. When you go through the device upgrade process online, it'll ask if you want to change the calling plan. The things that didn't transfer for me was the text plan and having to choose the BIS data plan. The only reason I'm full time VZW is to combine with the Wife for a Family share plan. It's relativly painless. Double check your bill after and only get what you want.
    08-15-09 11:50 AM
    When i decide to upgrade from my Curve 8330 I will have to give up my Alltel plan and get a VZW plan...

Has anyone done this so far? How much more will the VZW plan cost over the Alltel plan?

Any suggestions to make it easier??
    Interested in selling that Alltel Curve 8330???
    08-15-09 02:47 PM
    if you have a plan that includes Data already, you'll have to switch it out for a non data plan..and get the 30 dollar bbdata package.

just like if you have the LG Dare on a VZW Premium Plan, then get a Storm... you'll have to drop to the Select Plan and add the BBData
    08-15-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD