I posted in a different forum, but I lost my bb, waited to see use on VZW web site. I wasn't sure if it got ran over or found. I saw some calls actually made from my phone, called the number and told them they talked to someone who has my phone and to send it back to me!

They said it is being mailed back, and I have now suspended the number. I have enough info to turn them in if it doesn't show up.

Lost it Sat. Called a number Tues. Got commiment to send it to me Wed. Waiting very IMPATIENTLY!!

Has anyone ever had one returned successfully?

Give me some hope!
    09-11-08 12:12 AM
    I've lost it at the park and got it back the same day. The people were kind enough to call my home from the address book and offer to meet me somewhere.

I offered them a reward but they wouldn't accept it.

Offer the people a small reward and they might be more willing to turn the phone over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 10:47 AM
    Nope, my berry is never far away enough to get lost. Even when I'm drunk and out on the town, I know where it is - always.

09-11-08 10:49 AM
    I posted in a different forum, but I lost my bb, waited to see use on VZW web site. I wasn't sure if it got ran over or found. I saw some calls actually made from my phone, called the number and told them they talked to someone who has my phone and to send it back to me!

They said it is being mailed back, and I have now suspended the number. I have enough info to turn them in if it doesn't show up.

Lost it Sat. Called a number Tues. Got commiment to send it to me Wed. Waiting very IMPATIENTLY!!

Has anyone ever had one returned successfully?

Give me some hope!

09-11-08 10:56 AM
    There have been posts of BB's being returned but you need to turn em in ASAP! The fact they made calls with it says it all!!!!!

09-11-08 11:03 AM
    I lost mine on the Washington DC metro last fall. It was locked and had a toll free number to call if found displayed on the screen. Someone found it and called the number. The help desk emailed me, I exchanged emails with the finder, and four hours later we met at Union Station and she handed me my BlackBerry. I offered her a reward and she declined. She said she'd once lost her phone, never got it back, and was glad to get to return one.

Don't give up hope.
    09-11-08 11:04 AM
    The guy that stole mine held it for ransom. I told him to keep it.
    09-11-08 11:56 AM
    I left mine at a taco cabana restroom I left was about 15 minutes down the road. When I realized! I immediately turned back driving as fast as I could! I went where I left it ,it was gone! Lucky for me someone was nice enough. To turn it in!

09-11-08 12:11 PM
    i lost mine at chuckie cheese on sat and someone turned it in. i was really shocked. i hope you get yours back soon.

Lindaga35
    09-11-08 10:21 PM
    I lost mine on the Washington DC metro last fall. It was locked and had a toll free number to call if found displayed on the screen. Someone found it and called the number. The help desk emailed me, I exchanged emails with the finder, and four hours later we met at Union Station and she handed me my BlackBerry. I offered her a reward and she declined. She said she'd once lost her phone, never got it back, and was glad to get to return one.

Don't give up hope.
    How did you display a toll free number on a locked phone?
    09-11-08 10:26 PM
    How did you display a toll free number on a locked phone?
    Put whatever you want displayed in the Owner field. It's displayed when the phone is locked and a key is pressed.
    09-11-08 10:39 PM

Don't give up hope.
    How did you get the toll free number deal was that something to do with your company?

09-12-08 04:18 AM
    I've lost a Chocolate. Whoever found it charged a bill of over $700. Had to talk with Verizon for a loooong time to get them to credit it, since I HAD suspended the service and the charges were made after the fact.

I make it a point to know where my phone is at all times, even when I'm pissy drunk.

09-12-08 05:02 AM
    Im a new BB user and I have made it a habit to put my home address and phone number on my BB while its locked. Im my opinion you never know when you are going to lose your phone so this way if its found its locked they (the person finding it) cant make calls on it cuz first they need a password to log into the phone. I know its a pain but its worth every penney - my BB was very expensive and at the time there were no discounts available for it. In my opinion I think every BB user should lock their phones and put some type of info so that they can be contacted in case they should love thier precious BB.
    09-12-08 06:20 AM
    How did you get the toll free number deal was that something to do with your company?

Yes. I have an employer-provided phone. The password lock and the text that's displayed, including the toll-free number, are controlled by my IT policy. I couldn't change it if I wanted to, which I don't. Like COACHELLA, I'm a big believer in passwords and locking your phone.
    Last edited by JeffH; 09-12-08 at 06:59 AM.
    09-12-08 06:57 AM
    I wonder if I listed verizon cust support # if they would handle a call like that and assist in getting your phone back. I will inquire later.

09-12-08 01:34 PM
    Most people aren't going to return a phone that they found. Hate to admit it but its true. I mean there are some people who will return it because they believe its right but most will pocket it and sell it for money. I returned someones BB I found after calling a bunch of numbers on the phone. Karma as they say in life.
    09-13-08 05:32 PM
    Well I chased down the people who had my BB and mangaged to get them to let me pick it up!! I guess when faced with the law people will sometimes come through.

I also went into Owner Information and was able to add a phone number on the second line which shows up on the screen even when it is locked. Still it has to fall in the hands of an honest person to do any good.

Thanks for the encouragement to not give up hope!!

09-13-08 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD