09-07-09 10:57 AM
88 ... 234
    Yeah They Will Def. Ask for the Phones or Just Charge you for them So it's a lose lose situation!
    08-24-09 05:08 PM
    I guess I'll be waiting til November to get a new Blackberry. I do think the carriers should come up with a way to get you into a new device a little bit cheaper then paying full retail if it's not time to upgrade yet. I know they are in the biz to make money but it ticks me when they are coming out with the so called latest and greatest every 4-6 months when you have 20 freakin' more months to go on your contract. Each month that goes by, your phone should have a trade-in $ amount that could serve as a down payment so to speak or in terms of a Blackberry device, how about a $250.00 flat payment of upgrade if we are in the beginning or mid way point of our contracts. Just some food for thought in my head. Then perhaps people would not be going thru the "by any means necessary" to that new Blackberry. I can't speak for everyone else but at the moment, I don't have a money tree in the yard nor have I been able to eat green paper and **** money; just hate going into VZW to pay my bill each month with the new Blackberry devices sitting on their little cradles just whispering to me; psst, you know you want me, you know you want me, come touch me, send a txt from me but oh, I forgot, you can't upgrade yet! Hee hee hee. I'm sorry, that's how I feel!
    Sell on eBay or sell to a friend like I did and go buy it outright. Some people don't HAVE TO HAVE the latest and greatest. Most realize since money don't grow on trees in their backyard that they don't NEED the latest and greatest. These are potential buyers of used devices.

Like you, I'm one of those that has to have the latest and greatest, but we have to realize that technology itself is making us drool so much and not VZW.

Another possibility is signing a 1 year contract instead of a 2 year.
    08-24-09 11:33 PM
    Get ready to give them back your phones.
    08-25-09 08:44 PM
    Its perfectly fine to do this. Sometimes they won't release the esn. Until the etf is paid. But people do it all the time. Once you are past the 30 days the phone is considered yours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 03:00 AM
    to the OP, what did you end up doing?
    09-04-09 03:30 PM
    to the OP, what did you end up doing?
    Its on post #72, he wound up not doing it.
    09-04-09 03:43 PM
    nice to see it isn't only the UK who has tramps who want something for nothing!

If you want the phone get a sim free one at the full retail price! Why should other customers have to sub you!

Business pass on losses to consumers.. They do NOT come out of their profits!
    09-04-09 03:52 PM
    This is another reason why AT&T doesn't even verify your account for rebates till 6weeks. They make sure you are well into your second month of service before they validate that you have the required plans to get you rebate card. I considered opening a 3rd line on my account to get the 8900 because the exception upgrade price for my line which is only 4 months from coming due was $445 before rebate and the rebate was $100 and required a data plan. So I added it up. $200 for the phone after rebate, $10 for the line time 2 months = $20, $175 ETF, $18 Act.Fee, 2 months data plan fee $60. So...$473 best case not including taxes and fees that go with every line. Already more than the exception price and $100 more than buying it through CB Wireless or Wal Mart for the matter without a plan. And that's even cheaper than for those who are getting new lines of service. The carriers know this is going to happen and they don't really mind because they are getting more in fees and plan charges in addition to the customers who decide just to keep the service instead of following through with the original plan to terminate.

As for the morality of this...come one....it's no different than using thetherberry to avoid paying for the service or using any other software that keeps you from paying for things that the carrier would usually charge for.
    09-04-09 07:11 PM
    Why do people argue with VZW reps who have seen this exact scenario play out?
    Because they (the reps) are WRONG about how the scenario will play out and they (the reps) use scare tactics because the reps don't think it's "right."

You can NEVER be charged an ETF AND full retail price after getting something for a discount. The end.

Once a line is disconnected you are free to use the ESN however you please. The only time an ESN isnt released is if you don't pay a bill and it goes into collections.
    09-05-09 10:17 AM
    They can't charge both because the ETF is not to cover the contract anymore, it's to cover the cost of the subsidized equipment. After a month is you try to turn in the phone they will tell you "No..it's yours now". Because they make more money of the ETF and the Service. Seen it happen.
    09-06-09 02:18 AM
    I thought Verizon does the BOGO deal but you pay the price for both phones & then you get a rebate, I could be wrong but sounds like the best way to do it to avoid this.
    09-06-09 02:46 AM
    if you do this once you will probably get away with it

if you do it more than that verizon may hunt you down and kill your children (born or unborn)
    09-06-09 10:17 PM
    rlacsamana19 if you buy it online you don't have to pay for both.
    09-07-09 10:57 AM
88 ... 234