Ever since I got the Verizon 5.0 OS my trackball takes 4-5 tries to click anything online.
    So I was told when I bought the phone that if the trackball acts "funny" it's a software issue, unlike the Curve 8330 where I just replaced the trackball.
    Well it's acting up so I take it to Verizon on Shea and Tatum in Phoenix and this stupid, uneducated, untrained in customer relations ***** rep with short brown hair looks at the phone and the damn ball is working in the store.
    So I say, let's move outside because it didn't work in the parking lot 25 feet away 30 seconds ago. She says "No I'm not going outside to see your phone, it works fine. Come back if it really breaks".
    I was gonna slam the phone against her head and show her "really broke" but refrained because I have a bit more class and tact than this waste of pay.
    I also stopped getting signal in the home and they told me "buy the $150 signal booster". Wow I'm really impressed with this horrible service I left Sprint for.
    Next time you Google Verizon, a nice big RipOffReport.com page will pop up along with a website I'm creating to warn people of what they are getting into.
    This phone cost me a lot of money because my Storm was a piece of Junk and they charged me to restock it then sold me a Tour that someone else already returned. Why else would RIM ship a new phone with scratches and invalid rebate? They said that phones pin already received a rebate.
    Next time I get a phone I'm going to CA since they have laws so as not to lock you in to ridiculous contracts.
    But the real issue is the horrible manners this rep displayed. When I get her name tomorrow I'll be calling Verizon and having them re-examine the hiring practices of people who deal with the public.
    Now I'm stuck with this piece of junk for almost 2 years then I'm throwing it through the front door of the store when it's packed with people looking for new phones and service.
    Shame on Verizon. I thought you guys were better than that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 10:31 PM
    This is NOT a hardware issue. It is a WELL DOCUMENTED device software bug.

Just load a different OS on the device.

Note that I didn't read the rest of your rant since you are really being ridiculous with all that.

A simple search of the forums for "tour browser click" would have found the solution in about 10 seconds.

And, no, I do not work for Verizon or any other technology company. But sometimes customers are their own worst enemies.
    05-12-10 10:34 PM
    I can't fault the guy. I wouldn't have walked out with you either. Don't forget to post the link to your website. Can't wait to see it.

05-12-10 10:55 PM
    Wow. This post gives me some sympathy for VZW reps. If they have to deal with people even half this rude and uninformed, I don't know how they can manage.

05-12-10 11:40 PM
    Very classy post...

As others have said, its more than likely a software issue. Because of this Verizon can't replace the phone, since re loading the software will resolve the issue. Call tech support, and they'll walk you through the 20 minute process.

If you really feel the rep was excessively rude, tell the ts rep you speak with on the phone, and they'll make sure the information gets passed on to the right people.
    05-13-10 12:15 AM
    As others have said, its more than likely a software issue.
    It's not more than likely. It's definitely.

VZW 5.0.0.591 for the 9630 has a known bug that causes the user to have to click multiple times while in the native browser. If the OP would have done even a cursory search of crackberry, he/she would have known this already.

05-13-10 12:26 AM
    well I know for a fact the reps at the store the OP has fault with are derfinitely rude. I refrain from going into that particular location. But I also am not rude when I have an issue. I used to sell wireless and the way people treat the reps sometimes just boggles my mind. It is not necessary to be rude. I am now back in the cosmetics industry as a manager and I see it daily too. People just don't have manners anymore There are those who for the most part do, but there is that % who just don't care. It isn't necessary to be rude. I strive to give the best customer service I can and I do what I can to treat everyone with respect. I just wish customers could think about being in our shoes for a day. Then maybe those who are rude wouldn't be. And the same for those reps who are rude.....you need to be more respectful. You weren't trained to be rude. So, if he has a viable complaint, which I am sure he does, CC will take note of it.
    But you do get more when polite than when you aren't.

eg146 I also live in the area and I have left you a message on a store manager you can speak with at another location. And because I am referring you to a friend of mine, please be polite to him !
    05-13-10 01:05 AM
    You seem mentally stable. I hope everything works out for you.
    05-13-10 03:39 AM
    The truth and fact of life is not everyone deserves respect. And even in most cases respect is not an issue because random encounters with other people happen so quickly that people react and show true character. If more people lived life showing dignity to another human. Than people would not be so quick to discount the "respect" somebody gives. The respect of a person who provides dignity to most/all will find respect never is an issue. however one who believes they are entitled to respect should exam the blatant reality that their action warrant nothing of respect but the pity of somebody who preserves his own dignity and self respect by calmly removing one's self from the situation.

A true leader is respected because he does not demand it or expect it but provides it during team and individual efforts

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-13-10 07:02 AM
    Very classy post...

As others have said, its more than likely a software issue. Because of this Verizon can't replace the phone, since re loading the software will resolve the issue. Call tech support, and they'll walk you through the 20 minute process.

If you really feel the rep was excessively rude, tell the ts rep you speak with on the phone, and they'll make sure the information gets passed on to the right people.
    I agree; call tech support. I was having issues with my BB Desktop Manager after I got my new computer that had Windows 7. Called tech, spoke with a very nice lady, and after explaining to her that I had just gotten a new computer with Windows 7, she immediately knew what the issue was...I needed a newer version of Desktop Manager. She emailed the download file to me, and told me to call her or email her once I had the new DM installed. I got it installed with no issues, and emailed her back to thank her. I've always had a good experience with tech support when I've needed assistance.

I have never had a problem with an in-store rep being rude to me, but I go with a good attitude, and understand that if something is wrong with my phone, it's not their fault.

Maybe try another store? We have a VZW store here, but it's not a true VZW store...it's run by Tri-County Wireless. I have found that the employees there aren't always terribly helpful, so I just avoid that store if I have an issue. I go over to the next town that has a true VZW store.
    05-13-10 09:28 AM
    As previously stated, the browser click issue is a well-known and documented problem with the .591 OS. I updated to a leaked OS and all is well. Whether in the store or on the phone with CS, you will not always speak to a rep that is aware of an issue. I have had much better luck with CS. My retail experiences overall have been less than satisfactory. The store reps seem to have the "glass eyed" look down pat when you bring up even a known issue.

It seems the biggest problem with CS is that it can take a while for a known issue to trickle down to the CS folks who are taking the calls. This seems to be an ongoing VZW corporate problem. Either VZW does not filter a known issue down to the techs or the techs are instructed to state they are unaware of a given issue.

I have been fortunate enough to develop a rapport with a couple of excellent techs, one of whom I now have a phone number for. The other one calls me from time to time to see how I am doing.

The end result is that I have been taken care of as a VZW customer, in spite of the shortcomings of the company. My Curve was replaced with a Tour and a tower issue has been resolved in my community. These things did not occur overnight but were the result of patient persistence on my part as well as treating the CS reps with the utmost respect. They have a tough job and we can all do our part by realizing there are times when we know more than they do about a problem, like the browser click issue with the latest official 5.0 OS release. Fortunately, my Tour shipped to me preloaded with .591 and I had none of the download problems others experienced.

Coming from a Curve, I really appreciate the performance of the Tour and am glad there are CS reps out there who really care about taking care of the customer.
    05-13-10 12:31 PM
    I just tried to post a reply but the trackball took me out of the screen.
    You know what it doesn't matter.
    Thanks for those who let me vent and pointed me towards a solution.
    For everyone else, I've been an account manager for a large corporation for 21 years. I train people in one on one service.
    Do you think I was rude? Did I say I said anything nasty to this girl?
    I'm smarter than that. I'm not gonna get anywhere being rude with anyone.
    How could I have clients with over 250,000 people if I didn't know the psychology of customer service?
    Sometimes people want to vent their frustration and I did it here b/c it's VERIZON'S forum, their employees read this stuff.
    But #1 some people don't "listen" and skim the post, take the negative and come up with their own version and #2 people DO NOT care about other people's frustrations or issues, people are selfish they want to talk about themselves.
    So I don't need your replies that twist my story, forget it. I'm deleting my account. I don't need more selfish people telling me what to do.
    I was very polite when I went in, while I was there, and when I left. Even after basically
    being
    called a liar since I was told to "come back when the phone is REALLY broken". That will happen on my one day off-right!
    I know most of you get it but if you want to be a smart mouth about something you didn't read, don't expect understanding next time you post with a problem.
    Remember, no one cares about your life or your phone. And that's never gonna change.
    I'm done, hopefully I can find time to find the way to fix the phone in a hurry because I'm a single mom working 70+ hours a week and like to spend time off work with my kids, not fixing cell phones which I know nothing about anyway.
    That's why I went to Verizon for help. But I'm not gonna get help so why bother.

05-13-10 01:23 PM
    I was gonna slam the phone against her head and show her "really broke" but refrained because I have a bit more class and tact than this waste of pay.
    Ok. Good bye! Hopefully your fits of rage will cease and you can find peace some day.
    05-13-10 01:30 PM
    Ok. Good bye! Hopefully your fits of rage will cease and you can find peace some day.
    Well, well well. This is the first time I have ever agreed with supermario28, but you beat me to it. I was going to quote that exact quote as to why we reacted to her vitriolic little tantrum.

05-13-10 01:33 PM
    Also if the PIN was already registered and the rebate "invalid". I would have returned the phone.

Wasn't a new phone.
    05-13-10 04:44 PM
    But #1 some people don't "listen" and skim the post, take the negative and come up with their own version and #2 people DO NOT care about other people's frustrations or issues, people are selfish they want to talk about themselves.
    So I don't need your replies that twist my story, forget it. I'm deleting my account. I don't need more selfish people telling me what to do.
    ... snip
    Wait a second. You want sympathy and accuse people of twisting your story. I actually dd read your whole post, although I wish I had not.

Here's what you posted. These are YOUR words. Step back and tell me how polite this sounds to you.

... snip .. this stupid, uneducated, untrained in customer relations ***** rep with short brown hair looks at the phone and the damn ball is working in the store.
    I was gonna slam the phone against her head and show her "really broke"
    So you post PROFANITY, call people NAMES, hurl INSULTS, threaten VIOLENCE and people are supposed to take from that that you were CALM and POLITE.

Very, very doubtful.

Anyone who threatens violence immediately has NO credibility. Sorry.

I also hope you lose your rage and find some peace somewhere.
    05-13-10 06:31 PM
    One of the posters mentioned respect. Respect is EARNED, you can't demand it, nor should you expect it.

But this isn't about respect, it about COURTESY. Unless there's a reason not to, courtesy should always be extended.

As to the OP, I too read your post. When you defended yourself later, I reread the post, just in case I missed something. I could care less about the problem with the phone (there are more knowledgeable people here to help with that). But as I read your post, (headed "Had it with Verizon Service Rep! NO HELP! ") you outline one problem, for which you apparently did not get an immediate response to your satisfaction, and immediately document your rant, complete with your threat of a website outlining your complaint (which seems like an awful lot of trouble). I just find it hard to believe you walked into the store with a smile and an "Excuse me, I could use some help" attitude. Did you ask to speak to another representative, when the first didn't supply you with a satifactory answer? I know at the store I frequent, there are sales reps and service technicians. Did you ask for a tech? In this day and age, I would be hard pressed to follow a customer to a parking lot, especially if there was even a hint of disatisfaction in his/her demeanor.

You are free to voice your opinion in any way you like, with the best avenue being with your checkbook. But honestly, had you outlined numerous problems before launching into your rant, I would have put more stock into your complaint. But one incident with a phone, and poor reception at home (which, by the way, is why I switched from ATT to Verizon several years ago, see how it works) in my opinion doesn't warrent raking this poor rep, and Verizon in general, over the coals the way you did.

For the record, I am NOT an employee of Verizon, just another loyal customer.
    Last edited by omahaorange; 05-15-10 at 09:44 PM.
    05-14-10 10:31 AM
    In defense of a rep, do you have any idea or stop to think how many phones VZW or any other carrier has for that matter?

There is NO way any one person, rep, or customer can know everything about any device.

Keep this in mind when you talk to reps next time. I am sure you will get the same circumstance with Sprint.

Hope you enjoy your new service and have a nice day.
    05-14-10 11:07 AM
    Now I'm stuck with this piece of junk for almost 2 years then I'm throwing it through the front door of the store when it's packed with people looking for new phones and service.
    Shame on Verizon. I thought you guys were better than that.

Take a picture of it to prove you throwed it at the front door and post picture of it back here.....Wait make sure you already have another phone or camera to take a picture of it laying there first
    05-17-10 09:37 AM
    haha i love when customers like this come into the store. It just absolutely makes my day.

The best is when we can't solve the problem for them, we tell them to call customer service, so they sit down in the waiting area at the store... put their phone on speaker phone and yell at customer service reps for 2 hours. And usually its something ridiculous. That no one can fix, but they want a solution "because I pay 294082304023894 dollars a month for this piece"

love it.
    05-18-10 02:37 AM
    Yep, we see this every day. Sad, isn't it?

This is one reason why I haven't moved along to management. Someone like this would be thrown out without batting an eye. And I'd be doing it on a regular basis.
    05-18-10 05:54 AM
    I have had service with both Verizon and AT&T and have encountered issues with both with service reps not being able to help me because they have not gotten the proper training etc. I have not had a nasty or rude rep yet but I'm sure they"re out there on both carriers.
    05-18-10 03:05 PM
    haha i love when customers like this come into the store. It just absolutely makes my day.

The best is when we can't solve the problem for them, we tell them to call customer service, so they sit down in the waiting area at the store... put their phone on speaker phone and yell at customer service reps for 2 hours. And usually its something ridiculous. That no one can fix, but they want a solution "because I pay 294082304023894 dollars a month for this piece"

love it.
    Short of a BIS reset, what can't you do in the store?
    05-18-10 04:33 PM
    Well it's acting up so I take it to Verizon on Shea and Tatum in Phoenix and this stupid, uneducated, untrained in customer relations ***** rep with short brown hair looks at the phone and the damn ball is working in the store.
    So I say, let's move outside because it didn't work in the parking lot 25 feet away 30 seconds ago. She says "No I'm not going outside to see your phone, it works fine. Come back if it really breaks".
    Yeah, some moron tries to get a young girl to come outside a store into the parking lot to see that his ball doesn't work! LOL, what a dumbass!!

If you honestly trained people in "one on one customer service" you should know that people with your attitude cannot hide your true colors. No matter how polite you think you are acting your "I was gonna slam the phone against her head and show her "really broke" attitude shows right through.
    05-18-10 05:58 PM
    B
    Short of a BIS reset, what can't you do in the store?
    Exactly... pretty much nothing. **** customers thing because we are reps we have the power to do everything. When in reality cs is usually the only ones that can do anything.
    05-18-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD