hey,

I work right by the Meadowlands (New Jersey) for a major company...

I have no bars ....my treo always had service...(minimal but still some)

verizon's coverage map is lit up as red as can be ....no service at work.,

and barely any in my house now ? /

2 questions ?

Does verizon have any plans for strengthing signal in nyc area

Is the storm not as good as other phones for signal reception ?

I pay all this money for a storm on verizon...and my co-worker sits next to me with 3 bars on his att iphone ?

Do I have any hope ?

thanks

tree
    12-15-08 02:15 PM
    do a *22899

see if that fixes it. it will update everything on the phone as opposed to the *228 opt 2 which only updates towers and and really has little affect.
    12-15-08 04:37 PM
    do a *22899

see if that fixes it. it will update everything on the phone as opposed to the *228 opt 2 which only updates towers and and really has little affect.
    I have never heard of that before.

Why does CSR not have you do this when you call in with an issue.
    12-16-08 08:45 AM
    Did this work for you?
    Last edited by 05cgm; 01-03-09 at 07:57 PM.
    12-17-08 04:43 PM
    I have the same problem. I was disappointed when I switched my company from NEXTEL where I had full bars at my residence to Verizon which has NO Bars. I thought to myself " America's best network " I called Verizon and was happy with customer service as the representative started a ticket for me and gave me her email address to discuss the issue. She advised me that they will look into my problems and take care of the issues. I was happy with the customer service since NEXTEL would never do anything like that. I even ordered my wife a pink blackberry curve and it arrived a few days later.

NOW HERE IS THE KICKER. She has 3 bars everywhere in our house and I have none. Anyone else having this issue with the storm. I cannot even answer my phone in the house and she laughs at me as she has 3 bars. I called VZW and they are sending me out a new storm that I should have in 2-3 days. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I also notice that if I shake the storm it sounds like something is loose and I get a signal for a few seconds and then lose it again.
    12-22-08 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD