Hack to Remove 2.3MB BlackBerry Browser Download Limit? | BerryReview.com

Tried it, absolutely works. Figured I would let you all know
    08-31-09 07:52 PM
    Very high-risk hack. I'd avoid it if at all possible - plus this is not a VZW issue & should be posted in the correct forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 08:04 PM
    Agree whole heartedly... This hack goes wrong... Better hope u have a backup

08-31-09 08:18 PM
    Well im new at making a post and two, i guess you just delete your service books and redownload, it only took me 5 minutes and so i figured it would help, if it doesnt tell me and ill delete this. Sorry for not being a smart person.
    08-31-09 08:20 PM
    thanks for the link sambowomble. I was wondering about this.
    08-31-09 08:41 PM
    The way I see it its definantly not for a newbie, but doesnt mean its for an expert either. If you screw up, and i know this because i smoke tested this is when the service books are put on the device you select the browser and it works fine. However if you want to remove it, i deleted all my service books and had vz resend them and had no issues. If worse case, wipe it i guess :-). I was just simply just trying to contribute to the community so that if others were interested, and didnt or did want to install, the information would at least be here.
    08-31-09 08:45 PM
    Good find.

08-31-09 09:19 PM
    Let's just say I'd not trust service book routing to anything to be from China Mobile. I have no issues with the company - but protection of branding is not one of their stronger suits. On top of that, it is hacked & pirated bit of code.

These things have appeared before - PINs have been snagged, email addresses captured, spam soon running out of your ears.

Most people with the BlackBerry prowess to accomplish this probably already have Opera - use that instead.

08-31-09 10:03 PM
    im giving it a try as we speak.
    08-31-09 10:08 PM
    Well I looked at the coding and it doesn't say anthing about china. I went to whatismyip.com from the net browser and i get a verizon ip address. So far ok so I guess its ok. Twins, I had a bad yesterday so I appologize and I understand what your saying. it was something new that I thought others if they were curious could try. I am trying both to see what the difference is. I guess what ever is sutible to the user is what they use. But again sorry twins, the la fires are bad and i got family in the middle of it
    09-01-09 09:56 AM
    and it came from berryreview just a day or so ago so i figured it would be worth a try.
    09-01-09 09:57 AM
    Does anybody still have the .ipd the link from omie seems to be broken.

11-16-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD