Just wondering if anyone knows what the guidelines are for verizon giving you a replacement new phone or a refurb. If it's under a certain time is it new? Just wondering because I have had many refurbs as replacements and never a new phone. Don't they come with a warranty from RIM?
    04-21-10 07:26 PM
    You only get a new phone if you purchased it from verizon less than 30 days ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 08:28 PM
    The phone does come with a manufacturer warranty. One year from the date of purchase. And you only receive the same phone that was purchased under warranty.

04-21-10 09:55 PM
    Within 30 Days you get a replacement for the same model at no additional cost with a "new" device, after 30 Days you will receive a Certified Like New Device that can either be a New device from the manufacture, a Rebuilt Device, or a Refurb Device. Within the 1yr warranty (unless you have TEC or Extended Warranty, to cover you longer then the original 1yr time frame) you will receive the same device.

Basically you will get the same unit from RIM that you would from VZW under the warranty
    04-22-10 08:10 AM
    It doesnt matter to me if its a refurb or not just as long as it works as it is suppose to is all the matters.

Once I did get a new phone when the refurb that I received did not work correctly either ,and had to get another one within a day or two , and yes they was all the same model

PS : this was well after the 30 day period
    04-22-10 09:28 AM
    I've never received a new phone as a replacement even with in the 30 days. Brought my Tour back a few days after getting it and got a refurb replacement. Called CS and asked about it. Was told they should have replaced it with a new device but since I accepted the refurb it was now up to the store manager if he wants to replace it. So I paid for a new Tour but only had a new Tour for less than a week. Had the replacement (refurb or not) worked fine I wouldn't have cared. I am now on my 5th Tour, still doesn't work right, 5.0 made it worse and I'm stuck with it for another year and 2 months.
    I know I'm complaining but gets frustrating every week or so and I have to vent.

04-25-10 02:22 PM
    I have had the same problem...My final call will be to verizon this morning, and then I will proceed to the Attorney General's office and also the Public Service Commission. I am one very unhappy Verizon customer at the moment.
    05-01-10 06:05 AM
    i got a CLNL after having my original Tour for 9 months. It looked and worked brand new to me. i also don't mind if i get that or a refurb as long as it works properly.

05-01-10 06:10 AM
    I have had the same problem...My final call will be to verizon this morning, and then I will proceed to the Attorney General's office and also the Public Service Commission. I am one very unhappy Verizon customer at the moment.
    I'm sure that the BBB, the FCC, the Attorney General and any other complaint sorce get this all the time and they have a nice canned response waiting for you. You are not entitled to a new phone under the warranty and it was never disclosed that you would.
    05-01-10 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD