I see a lot of threads bashing customer service at VZW, but I wanted to take a moment to report about the recent experiences I have had.

This all started about a week ago with my wife's Blackberry Curve 8330. We had been experiencing some issues with the microphone on the phone. People either couldn't here her or she sounded as though she was under water when she was heard.

The phone was also locking up and refusing to work at all at time.....She'd get a message (Email, BBM, SMS, MMS, it didn't matter) and the phone would lock up.

I had tried battery pulls and restarts.....nothing seemed to work. I called VZW and they had me perform a software upgrade to no avail. The issues still persisted. I then called back about all of this a few days later and they had me pull the battery, check the contacts, check the microphone port........all of the basic troubleshooting steps and nothing.

So they decided to just do an exchange under the extended warranty plan that I have on her phone and sent the new Curve over in two days.

Set the new Curve up with VZW on the phone to activate it and everything went smoothly. It works/functions fine....

VZW has been responsive and willing to help. They also told me about the upgrades that I m eligible for on my line and other pieces of info about my account that I was not aware of. Over all, the customer experience with VZW was great!!
    03-12-10 09:53 AM
    Glad to see the flip side of some of the other threads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 10:27 AM
    Agreed ......
    03-12-10 11:20 AM
    Just like bad karma, good karma comes around as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 11:57 AM
    It look as if patience, perseverance and politeness paid off for you. A rare combination these days.
    03-12-10 03:50 PM
    I have never had anything but positive experiences when dealing with Verizon customer service reps whether it was on the phone or in the store.
    03-12-10 04:59 PM
    This is a good read.
    03-12-10 07:52 PM
    Same here...they have always been helpful and accommodating. I've had my storm 1 replaced once due to failure to charge. I'm sure I got a refurb but it looks and works great.
    03-12-10 07:57 PM
    I also had a great experience with their CS when I dropped my 8230 Flip into the toilet on new years. I see a lot of people bash Verizon for one thing or another, but I personally have never had a bad experience. Always nice people on the phone, always super helpful, and I always hang up satisfied. ^_^

(Although to be honest, I think a big thing is being nice. I work customer service for a different company and niceness is contagious. At least to me anyway. I am always more cheerful and wiling to help with the nice customers than the a-hole ones.)
    03-12-10 10:48 PM
    So.....now it is time for an update.

I had the above mentioned Curve replaced under warranty and activated on Thursday....Friday morning, my son decides to see how funny it would be to dump soda on the new Curve.

Needless to say, my wife now needs new phone.....AGAIN!!!

So, I call Verizon and explain to them what happened and asked what options do I have? The CSR informed that I MY line is eligible for an early upgrade. I am not due up for NE2 until October, but because I am such a good customer, they have decided to let me upgrade early.

Then the CSR also informs that I can take the upgrade for my line, activate the new Curve 8530 on her line that I would get with my upgrade and then come June (when my wife is eligible for her NE2), I could upgrade her line and take that phone and use it for my line.

This way, she gets the phone that she wants now (for only $32!).....I get my upgrade earlier than before (hopefully the new Tour/Bold/whatever they decide to call it).....and I still don't have to pay the insurance deductible.....

Also, I was able to bill the new Curve to my account......

In doing all of this, the CSR tells me that the Curve is eligible for a $100 mail in rebate if she does all of this for me......Or she can walk me through it all online so that I get the $100 rebate instantly.....so, I had her walk me through it online.

Overall, I am mad at my kids (Kids will be kids! LOL), but my wife got her new phone/replacement earlier than expected and I get to upgrade earlier than expected all for only $32 (the price of the new Curve with instant rebate and after taxes).

Win? I think so.......
    03-14-10 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD