tools
    I bought 2 face plates 2 batt. Locks and a 4 piece tool kit for 31$
    Fixing TWO Curves?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 09:56 AM
    Nope but I aparently I am a cluts, so just as a procaution

04-02-09 10:26 AM
    Out of Warrenty replacement is a good option. chgs you same as insurance $50
    replace ur phone no issue, chged $50 on ur bill... ur warrenty continues on with replacement device or 90 days "which ever is greater" You can get a replacement! YAY!
    04-02-09 11:15 AM
    Nope but I aparently I am a cluts, so just as a procaution
    You're not alone - I probably know too many like you. They tend to be lower-stress & generally easier to get along with.

Until they break something of mine.

04-02-09 11:22 AM
    Lol exactly

04-02-09 11:37 AM
    Sites like cnn make our lives alot easier...i wish i had gotten a new screen for my girls cracked screen instead of doing the whole insurance thing....but then again i was naive...and i wasnt on these forums as much!
    04-05-09 08:44 PM
    Ya, the first thing I did when I broke my screen is post this thread, the secound was called vzw, the third was wiped the tears. It was cheaper to fix it myself. I think I was ok not getting the insurance, because with bb you can replace every part of the phone yourself (with the help of cb) and if you os crashes vzw will replace it.. Ya that Is a good deal

04-06-09 06:17 AM
    Go on ebay to buy the screen. There are plenty of US sellers there. I received mine in 3 days after I ordered it. Its very easy to replace.

Get a can of canned air and give the inside of your BB a couple of shots before replacing the screen. This will eliminate any issues with dust which can be VERY annoying.

Another lesson I learned is to press very firmly on the edges of the screen after replacing. Keep running your fingers around the edges with a firm touch for a few minutes. This will ensure a good seal and again, eliminate any issues with dust.

I'm not sure I agree with the post that says "carrier insurance is never a good ideal". I have used the insurance on my BB twice. Both times it was for issues that couldn't be fixed by myself and involved my dropping my precious Curve. If you are accident prone I believe the insurance is a good idea. Its much easier to deal with fixing simple issues such as cracked screens or unresponsive trackballs on your own.

04-06-09 07:02 AM
    NetNurse - Outstanding advice on repairing your own phone. Thanks for that.
    I'm not sure I agree with the post that says "carrier insurance is never a good ideal". I have used the insurance on my BB twice. Both times it was for issues that couldn't be fixed by myself and involved my dropping my precious Curve. If you are accident prone I believe the insurance is a good idea. Its much easier to deal with fixing simple issues such as cracked screens or unresponsive trackballs on your own.
    It might be easier to understand if we removed the word "carrier" from that. Insurance is good, protecting financial assets. However, there are better & less expensive options than carrier insurance. Most homeowners are already covered or can get better coverage at a lower price.

The point that carrier insurance is a ripoff is simply a recommendation that you check what you have and see if you need extra insurance. If you don't have it & need it, check all of your options. If you don't have coverage & carrier insurance is your only option, then it might be something to look at.

Before you do, look at the Personal Article coverage available @ State Farm. $6.50 per $100 valuation (or so), per year, for any of your personal articles, including your laptop or phone. According to others running around here, there is no deductible - but even if the deductible were the same as the carrier plan (VZW is $50), you're money ahead. And you get a new device, not a refurb. You can pick it up at your local VZW store or reseller, or by calling 611.

04-06-09 11:45 AM
    NetNurse - Outstanding advice on repairing your own phone. Thanks for that.

It might be easier to understand if we removed the word "carrier" from that. Insurance is good, protecting financial assets. However, there are better & less expensive options than carrier insurance. Most homeowners are already covered or can get better coverage at a lower price.

The point that carrier insurance is a ripoff is simply a recommendation that you check what you have and see if you need extra insurance. If you don't have it & need it, check all of your options. If you don't have coverage & carrier insurance is your only option, then it might be something to look at.

Before you do, look at the Personal Article coverage available @ State Farm. $6.50 per $100 valuation (or so), per year, for any of your personal articles, including your laptop or phone. According to others running around here, there is no deductible - but even if the deductible were the same as the carrier plan (VZW is $50), you're money ahead. And you get a new device, not a refurb. You can pick it up at your local VZW store or reseller, or by calling 611.

Do you have to specifically list your phone on your insurance policy to do this?
    04-09-09 09:11 PM
    You folks should try getting a body glove case Works wonders and no broken or scratched screens. Plus if the screen gets bad get a new case.

Just a thought.
    04-10-09 02:02 PM
    Do you have to specifically list your phone on your insurance policy to do this?
    I believe you do on the State Farm plan some are talking about, but on my umbrella coverage I don't.

Even if you did have to list it, it wouldn't be a big deal. Much like reporting a new car to be covered.
    You folks should try getting a body glove case Works wonders and no broken or scratched screens. Plus if the screen gets bad get a new case.

Just a thought.
    There is no Body Glove case that would save a broken screen. The Seidio cases are better, but they still offer no real screen protection. OtterBox would work, if you want the bulk/weight.

You get scratch protection, not breakage protection from most cases. Personally, I don't use a case as I prefer the original case design and don't deal well with added thickness around the keys. Thin-flim scratch protection on the screen is all I use.

Shoot, if someone my size were to fall on even an OtterBoxed BlackBerry, I'd be concerned for the phone's safety.

04-10-09 07:15 PM
    The 8330 screen lens has been out of stock for over three weeks now on cnn.cn. Anyone had a good experience with another vendor? Many of these parts sellers seem a bit sketchy.
    04-11-09 10:27 PM
    Nwsclient, do a search on ebay. You will find loads of vendors selling the part. As I've stated before, you can find plenty of sellers from the US as well. Why order something from Hong Kong and wait 3 wks for delivery if you can have it in 3 days from the USA????

04-12-09 08:24 AM
    I ordere a complete new casing with CNN.CN for my 8310, arrived within a few days and my curve looks really mint now...

04-12-09 09:26 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD