Has anyone had a Gratis account with Verizon?? By this I mean you get free service and equipment--but the way you get this is by having a Verizon cell tower on your property. When negotiating lease terms with the Cell tower provider you can have service in lieu of a monthly lease payment. Right now ours is with Alltel--but will be up for new lease options in about 6 months... Just wondering if anyone out there-- has this or seen this set up in the Verizon system and can shed a bit more light on it.. The ins and outs of it..
    11-03-09 11:41 AM
    You can start here: Verizon Wireless

I also see from a quick google search that there are companies ($) that will help you position yourself better ahead of time to possibly get chosen by a carrier for leasing. The carriers won't just lease with anyone, they need to be filling a business need.
    11-04-09 08:01 AM
    Has anyone had a Gratis account with Verizon?? By this I mean you get free service and equipment--but the way you get this is by having a Verizon cell tower on your property. When negotiating lease terms with the Cell tower provider you can have service in lieu of a monthly lease payment. Right now ours is with Alltel--but will be up for new lease options in about 6 months... Just wondering if anyone out there-- has this or seen this set up in the Verizon system and can shed a bit more light on it.. The ins and outs of it..
    I am on the board of a non-profit and we least a small parcel of property to a company that in turn leases space on their erected tower to 3 carriers. The non-profit is currently bringing in 28.5k per year and the income continues to go up every 3 years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 09:50 AM
    You should certainly try to negotiate a better deal for you and your family. Certainly you could get free service and bring in a nice chunk of change. As jlb21 stated, the service provider would probably have to be filling a need. The bright side is, no matter what provider decides to use the tower, you will always get great service at home!
    11-04-09 10:42 AM
    One "help" site I hit said to put a sign at the entrance to your property that says "Space available for cell tower lease" or something to that effect.

Great idea, unless your "neighbors" don't want one in their nexk of the woods.
    11-04-09 02:02 PM
    One "help" site I hit said to put a sign at the entrance to your property that says "Space available for cell tower lease" or something to that effect.

Great idea, unless your "neighbors" don't want one in their nexk of the woods.
    They can also "dress up" that tower and make it look like a giant fake pine tree.

11-04-09 05:18 PM
    They can also "dress up" that tower and make it look like a giant fake pine tree.

Those are fun to find in the woods haha
    11-05-09 05:38 AM
    Well I guess I look at it as a win - win situation... Alltel pays a certain monthly payment now-- which I simply turn around and pay my Verizon bill with with some extra scratch left over. But seeing that Verizon will be taking over the Tower here in the near Future hopefully -- which I think the lease comes back up in April. I hope to do some talking with them and see what I can get out of them. With Alltel --they had offered 4 Free lines and standard phones with unlimited services .. But at the time I was the only one really that had cell phone that made much use of it.
    11-05-09 08:20 AM

There is one like that in Park City, UT near the bobsled track.
    11-05-09 09:52 AM
    Well I guess I look at it as a win - win situation... Alltel pays a certain monthly payment now-- which I simply turn around and pay my Verizon bill with with some extra scratch left over. But seeing that Verizon will be taking over the Tower here in the near Future hopefully -- which I think the lease comes back up in April. I hope to do some talking with them and see what I can get out of them. With Alltel --they had offered 4 Free lines and standard phones with unlimited services .. But at the time I was the only one really that had cell phone that made much use of it.
    Thats pretty good, but surely you could squeeze data plans with each line of service as well as a smartphones instead of a basic devices.
    11-05-09 09:54 AM
    Yeah --squeezing the Data plan out and maybe a broadband connection of some sort-- will be in the works--- even if I just got 2 lines -- with a broadband connection .. Just not sure how far they will bend on this kinda of thing. But I am pretty sure verizon will take over this Tower because of the merger in this area since this tower provides coverage for part of I-95 interstate area.
    11-05-09 10:11 AM

...is that where the term "spruce up" comes from....lol
    11-05-09 10:25 AM
    I don't know how much demand is on that tower but it seems to me that they are robbing you. Bill board rent is more than you are getting for that tower. Just look at one of the posts above. They are getting over 2 grand a month for a tower on their land. You need to hire an agent to negotiate for you.

11-12-09 03:24 PM
    Cant use this tower for billboard signage as it over 2000' feet from the nearest road .. and this road may "see" maybe 200 cars a day... It is in a very RURAL area .. It is LITERALLY in the BACKWOODS..!!!
    11-13-09 01:28 PM
    Now I want one in my back yard!
    11-13-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD