06-29-12 05:50 PM
63 123
tools
    I just checked all my familys bills and in our case only one phone goes over 2 gigs. I think in most cases 2 gigs is going to be enough.
    05-25-12 07:56 AM
    I am upgrading one of my phones next week and did confirm that I will still be able to keep my unlimited data plan. Going forward, though it will be retail price until further notice b/c I am not giving up that data plan willingly.
    06-02-12 11:43 AM
    I might me with you there. I love my unlimited plan. I never think about my data use.
    06-03-12 02:57 AM
    The 4GB promotion is ending soon.
    06-03-12 03:43 AM
    The 4GB promotion is ending soon.
    The 4G promotion has been ending soon for the past 5-6 months. It's their gimmick to get people on 4G and in tiered data, they won't retire that soon.
    06-03-12 02:24 PM
    I might me with you there. I love my unlimited plan. I never think about my data use.
    Exactly. I don't want to track my usage. It's just another PITA thing I would have to do.

And really, I rarely use more than 1GB. I just don't care "how much" data I'm using. It's a freaking smartphone - it uses data.

This is just another money making scheme by VZW. And like the other posters said (insurance be damned), I will be giving my hard earned greenbacks to ANYONE other than VZW. This is BS.
    06-04-12 09:42 PM
    What's the cutoff date to keep unlimited with a phone upgrade?
    06-29-12 12:35 AM
    What's the cutoff date to keep unlimited with a phone upgrade?

I heard that it was June 27th, so it is over now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 12:45 AM
    Perhaps Mario knows? When is the last day to upgrade before you can no longer still keep your unlimited and get the substidized price? (I had heard 6/28)
    06-29-12 10:11 AM
    Perhaps Mario knows? When is the last day to upgrade before you can no longer still keep your unlimited and get the substidized price? (I had heard 6/28)
    The 28th was my understanding too. No more new insider info from me, I don't work there anymore. Hadn't seen you around either, good too see you around.
    06-29-12 03:25 PM
    This is just another blow to Verizon customers with more fees and less service. I have been with them for over 10 years and they are not what they use to be. As soon as my 5 devices are out of contract next year I will go with a different carrier on a unlimited prepaid plan. It seems to be the way to go! I am tried of paying the monthly bill and now they want more money if you upgrade or if you upgrade to a 4G device.

BAM!...except I won't switch lol. I am still on the unlimited data plan but, that'll be gone soon. I am not a huge fan of the new "share everything" plan. Even the same sounds uninspired
    06-29-12 04:06 PM
    I read an article on the Crackberry Blog, as well as other news sites which stated from Verizon, it was the 27th, call Verizon would be the way to find out, also if you switch to a 4G phone it throws your contract out as well, 3G will keep you in unless you go past the new contract introduction date which Verizon said was the 27th of June.

06-29-12 05:38 PM
    The 28th was my understanding too. No more new insider info from me, I don't work there anymore. Hadn't seen you around either, good too see you around.

The new plan starts on the 28th, see this article. crackberry.com/verizon-launches-share-everything-shared-data-plans as shown on Crackberry Blog page 13

Last edited by erndog; 06-29-12 at 05:54 PM.
    06-29-12 05:50 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD