11-27-08 02:36 PM
32 12
tools
    i travel the pa turnpike and the tower triangulation is damn accurate. i was really suprised. it is pretty pinpoint in an area with lots of towers. it moved with my car pretty much.
    Your a brave man using your phone while trying to dodge all of the pot holes we got in the state. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 05:38 PM
    For those who MUST have GPS but cannot leave Verizon, I just saw a great deal on a GPS receiver here:
    fatwallet.com / forums / hot-deals / 879716
    (Sorry, not allowed to post links yet)

Just a note - I have read in other threads and witnessed myself that for some odd reason, the new versions of Google Maps will not actually get the GPS signal from the Bluetooth GPS unless Blackberry Maps is opened first.
    11-20-08 12:49 PM
    ZOMG, I never heard that before.
    Wow, someone who has a House as their avatar talking down to another poster and using dripping sarcasm. Big surprise. If you don't have anything useful to add to the thread then how about you just observe. Stop being so ego centric and assuming that all responses are geared towards you. (not the first time i've seen you mock a poster) I've never seen a post illustrating those facts, I'm sure they are out there I just haven't seen them. Next time I'll make sure I due a thorough search of CB before I respond to a post. BTW House is probably one of the worst shows on television and it pains me to know that people are still wasting an hour of their lives every week watching such a horrible melodrama, with sub par acting and plots with so many holes they would be better served as a colander.

On another note, Google Maps still works well at giving directions. What I usually do is start from a known start point (i.e. my house) and just follow the directions to my destination. Not the best method but at least it's a decent workaround for people who don't want to pay the $10 for VZ Nav.
    11-21-08 01:02 PM
    ^^^ Oh, they are out there. As a matter of fact, that's the #1 response given when someone complains about the locked down GPS on Verizon handsets. "Why don't you just change providers? Blah Blah Blah" That was my point... not to hurt your feelings, but to inform you that it's not original thinking. Wait, with that said, are you saying that you're so ego centric yourself that you thought that NO ONE ever had thought of posting that before?
    11-21-08 04:32 PM
    I have Verizon and use an 8830we that was a gift and not part of a plan(until I added it to mine). I just upgraded to 4.5.0.101 when I noticed an icon next to my google maps and VZ Nav it was another map. I opened it and checked the options and it showed:

GPS Source: Internal GPS

System of Measurement Imperial

Map Display Language: International

Default Service: Blackberry Maps - NA (guess it didn't mean Not Available)

I select Start GPS Navigation and it opens find location and typed Pizza and a bunch of local pizza places were pin-pointed on the map. When I try to get directions from one place to another I have received a Searching for Satelilites pop up. It has timed out and the reply was couldn't get a lock on the satelilite. I am guessing this is because of CDMA as another post stated?

I am messing around with it to see it limitations. A program gotsta have its limitations.

Would the fact that I am able to see this GPS be a sign my BB is unlocked?

Thanks for any comments or directions(GPS pun intended)
    11-22-08 11:03 PM
    When I try to get directions from one place to another I have received a Searching for Satelilites pop up. It has timed out and the reply was couldn't get a lock on the satelilite. I am guessing this is because of CDMA as another post stated?
    And you never did get it to find any satellites. While you are still on the verizon network it will not find any satellites.
    11-23-08 04:17 PM
    This searching for satellites message started working with the 4.5 upgrade. However, it never finds the satellites. I did get a message once that the feature had been disabled. I wonder if they are eventually going to turn it on? In the previous firmware, it was simply un responsive. Now, it seems to be trying.

I am sure it will never happen. Would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 02:36 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD