I have a few questions. Ultimately I want a cheapish solution to my need for a GPS navigation device, and my want for a GPS running/tracking/training option (similar to what map my tracks would offer).
    1. I know VZ is now allowing BBM to access the internal GPS. Am I correct in my assumption that neither AmazeGPS (or other FREE GPS apps) nor Map my tracks work with VZ?

2. Has anyone used a GPS NAVIGATION device as a GPS RECEIVER paired via bluetooth? since gps pucks are as much as they are, i would consider getting a gps nav device and pairing it with my phone to provide the running options i want.
    03-25-09 06:59 PM
    The GPS pucks work well - there are several available here in the CB store. Probably the most popular is the Freedom Input GPS keychain. I've use it and have been happy with it, but it isn't the best puck option out there. Trying to remember the last one I got, but it is at the office right now. Will check & get right back to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 08:36 PM
    it would be good to know what the better receivers are, but that is not what i'm asking.

If I'm gonna spend $80 on a decent receiver, I may as well get an actual cheap GPS system.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to pair their BB with a GPS.
    03-26-09 01:39 PM
    The GPS pucks currently available are bluetooth. So based on this, and my claim that I've used such devices, yes, successful pairing has been achieved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 01:55 PM
    i think we are having a terminology barrier.
    I am not looking for a puck. (or at least that would be the last option i would choose)

I am wondering if a Navigation device (complete with touch screen and maps stored on the unit) can be paired with by blackberry so that my blackberry can use that GPS information for use with other apps (like mapmytracks, or for geotagging)
    03-26-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD