02-08-09 10:06 PM
296 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Hey, does anyone know if BB Maps has voice prompts? Just wonderin' if there's something I'm doin' wrong.
    12-06-08 12:48 AM
    Im just wondering, are there ANY apps besides BB Maps that are now working with GPS?? Im thinking this may be a partial unlock only to BB Apps... because it doesn't make any sense that Google Maps wouldn't work, when it does on the Sprint versions of the same phones.
    12-06-08 02:12 AM
    BB maps nor Google map work on my Curve. I have the 4.5 OS and I updated the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 02:12 AM
    BB Maps works great on my storm as well as Trapster... definitely recommend Trapster if you have a lead foot. Thank you Verizon!
    12-06-08 03:36 AM
    I just tried it on my Curve. Works perfectly. I get horrible reception here @ work, but I was able to get it to work near the window. Awesome!
    12-06-08 05:36 AM
    Hey, does anyone know if BB Maps has voice prompts? Just wonderin' if there's something I'm doin' wrong.
    Not in a version that is out. Maybe they will add it in the future?
    12-06-08 06:11 AM
    I was about to go to iphone because verizon locked gps, now I am happy with bb maps. If I want the gps directions I have a garmin in my car. But I think this is a great step because now we will be able to do what bb is capable of with no restrictions. I was
    12-06-08 08:18 AM
    BB maps nor Google map work on my Curve. I have the 4.5 OS and I updated the phone.

Options>Status Make sure GPS is not set fpr 911 only.. This one stumped me also but help at CB.
    Good Luck
    12-06-08 08:26 AM
    I figured out how to get mine working and I love it! Fianlly verizon!

12-06-08 08:36 AM
    What do you do if BB maps is not on the list under the applications. I would like to add it back. Thanks
    12-06-08 09:46 AM
    Just installed BB Maps and it's working. i didn't have to send service books or *228.

i did, however, lose sheet to go in the DM intstaller process. Bummer!

Had the same issue when adding software via DM using 4.6. Spoke to Dataviz and they tell me that if you update DM to 4.7 the issue of loosing the updated version of Doc-To-Go will be resolved. I have dwnld 4.7 DM but have not had to add any additional software on BB since update so can't say positive that this works but the guy at Dataviz knew exactly what i was talking about. This may solve your problem
    12-06-08 10:24 AM
    were can i DL the new os at, and i have the official 4.5 will i need to go back to 4.3 1st? thanks
    Search Google for "4.5.0.97 8330" & you should be able to find a page with a download link.

You don't need to do a rollback to 4.3; however, you should follow the "official" upgrading instructions that are posted in CB. Search the forum threads for one titled "The proper method for upgrading" and check post #4.
    12-06-08 10:31 AM
    this is great indeed for blackberry maps to "find me" so accurate ....... hopefully 3rd party apps will be next
    12-06-08 11:45 AM
    I also discovered what once was always an oversight because it never applied. GPS Geotagging with BB's Camera!

Nicey nice!
    12-06-08 12:14 PM
    Had the same issue when adding software via DM using 4.6. Spoke to Dataviz and they tell me that if you update DM to 4.7 the issue of loosing the updated version of Doc-To-Go will be resolved. I have dwnld 4.7 DM but have not had to add any additional software on BB since update so can't say positive that this works but the guy at Dataviz knew exactly what i was talking about. This may solve your problem
    no, it's not resolved i was using DM 4.7 to add BB Maps and it downgraded me.

do you have an email address for Dataviz? i'd like to try to get sheet to go back.

Last edited by chrisy520; 12-06-08 at 01:01 PM.
    12-06-08 12:52 PM
    no, it's not resolved i was using DM 4.7 to add BB Maps and it downgraded me.

do you have an email address for Dataviz? i'd like to try to get sheet to go back.
    Had the same problem. Finally resolved by

1. Deleting DocsToGo on my BB. (Used the DM app loader.) Be sure to "register" it with Dataviz before deleting - very important!

2. Going to Dataviz website where I'd previously registered the DocsToGo. (If you previously registered a version they sent you an e-mail with registration code and a tab for "My Account." Click on the "My Account tab at top of the e-mail.)

3. Dataviz will send you a web link which you access on your BB. You will then be allowed to download the upgraded version of DocsToGo.

4. In DM, find the file DocsToGo.alx and change name to DocsToGo.old. This will keep the app loader or future upgrades from reverting to the version without excel.

Hope this helps.

John
    Last edited by zebrajeb; 12-06-08 at 01:57 PM.
    12-06-08 01:54 PM
    So, I upgraded to .97 no problem. selected bbmaps on the install.

have tried several things, but I cannot for the life of me get bbmaps to show up on my screen. Its listed as installed in DTM and is in the applications list but I cannot find it on my BB to start it!!

Help??!!
    12-06-08 03:03 PM
    So, I upgraded to .97 no problem. selected bbmaps on the install.

have tried several things, but I cannot for the life of me get bbmaps to show up on my screen. Its listed as installed in DTM and is in the applications list but I cannot find it on my BB to start it!!

Help??!!
    is it hidden? menu-view all.
    12-06-08 03:05 PM
    Had the same problem. Finally resolved by

1. Deleting DocsToGo on my BB. (Used the DM app loader.) Be sure to "register" it with Dataviz before deleting - very important!

2. Going to Dataviz website where I'd previously registered the DocsToGo. (If you previously registered a version they sent you an e-mail with registration code and a tab for "My Account." Click on the "My Account tab at top of the e-mail.)

3. Dataviz will send you a web link which you access on your BB. You will then be allowed to download the upgraded version of DocsToGo.

4. In DM, find the file DocsToGo.alx and change name to DocsToGo.old. This will keep the app loader or future upgrades from reverting to the version without excel.

Hope this helps.

John
    thanks! i am trying this right now!
    12-06-08 03:06 PM
    is it hidden? menu-view all.

DOH

thanks!
    12-06-08 03:10 PM
    DOH

thanks!
    LOL. you're welcome.
    12-06-08 03:15 PM
    To be a noob for a moment: what good would BB Maps do for me? I took it off my Pearl to save memory (what precious little there is left). Goog Maps gives me the directions darn close enough to get someplace...

Thanks!
    12-06-08 05:33 PM
    Where do you find the data after you take a picture? I enables the geo-tagging but can't verify that it is working.
    12-06-08 07:02 PM
    Wow! GPS worked with BBMaps!

Sadly, it only worked once for me. After that, I'm stuck with the "searching for satellites" message. Hmmm. Hope it fixes itself.
    12-06-08 10:26 PM
    mines not working well either. Sometimes it finds satellites and sometimes it doesnt. And this is from the same places it would find me on another time I checked. Also, if I check the option for it to find me, it just searches for satellites ad gets stuck there... only time it ever works is when I hit "start navigation"
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 12-06-08 at 11:46 PM.
    12-06-08 11:10 PM
296 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD