02-08-09 09:06 PM
296 ... 34567 ...
tools
    i've looked everywhere on all diff forums and even looked on google and nothing :/
    12-05-08 03:28 PM
    Anyone know when this will be extended to the 8830?
    12-05-08 03:32 PM
    How do I get the "You are here" function on my phone? There is not a link to that.
    12-05-08 04:04 PM
    Anyone know when this will be extended to the 8830?
    It already is.
    12-05-08 04:10 PM
    im guessin there is no link on here...
    12-05-08 04:11 PM
    ok---dont kill me but how do you know if it is working. I have BB maps. I entered a start address and an end address and got turn by turn directions---does that mean it is working? Also, I only have 4.3 on my phone.
    12-05-08 04:30 PM
    Well, I use Google maps and GPS works on it for me!

I don't have BB maps any more so don't know if it works on my Pearl or not. How do I get BB maps back?

John
    12-05-08 05:23 PM
    I uninstalled bb maps when i got my curve as GPS was not enabled for it. After reading this thread I tried insatlling it from the bb site and it said my device is not comaptible. It also states that bb maps only works with OS 4.2 and 4.3. Any ideas?
    12-05-08 05:32 PM
    GPS will not work with 4.3

Use dtm. It should be under app loader. Just out a check in the box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 05:37 PM
    Well its about time they let us use this. Guess I can stop sending them emails pretending to be oblivious to the locked problem
    12-05-08 05:40 PM
    can anyone tell me where i can find the link to download the .97 update for the curve i've looked everywhere for it. im using .77 right now and it was from the verizon website so its a leak version.
    If you got it from the Verizon site like you said, then it is NOT a leak
    But, if you want a link to download it again, you didn't search very well.
    All I put into Google was "Verizon BlackBerry download" and the first two links are to Verizon's download page for v4.5.0.77
    Or browse the 83xx subforum -- http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ and you will see the thread for that update
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...anguage-75458/

ok---dont kill me but how do you know if it is working. I have BB maps. I entered a start address and an end address and got turn by turn directions---does that mean it is working? Also, I only have 4.3 on my phone.
    You need to update to 4.5xx - search the forums for the "how to" and links
    Also, read this entire thread. There was discussion on how to tell if it is working or not. (Hint - post #32, look at the screen shot)

Well, I use Google maps and GPS works on it for me!

I don't have BB maps any more so don't know if it works on my Pearl or not. How do I get BB maps back?

John
    Google Maps does not use the GPS, it uses cellular triangulation

I uninstalled bb maps when i got my curve as GPS was not enabled for it. After reading this thread I tried insatlling it from the bb site and it said my device is not comaptible. It also states that bb maps only works with OS 4.2 and 4.3. Any ideas?
    For the last three comments here... you all need to install BlackBerry Maps from Desktop Manager. You will need to download the OS upgrade (just like the first guy above), install it, and make sure it installs BB Maps
    Last edited by cliffr39; 12-05-08 at 06:17 PM.
    12-05-08 06:14 PM
    Google maps doesn't use GPS - learn something new everyday. Thanks

Now, just need to figure out how to get my BB maps back on phone.

Thanks again

John
    12-05-08 06:27 PM
    Google maps doesn't use GPS - learn something new everyday. Thanks

Now, just need to figure out how to get my BB maps back on phone.
    It may on other carriers, but not with Verizon (at least for now)
    As to get BB Maps back, you have to download the OS for the 8330, install it on your PC, open Desktop Manager and check it to be installed.
    12-05-08 06:43 PM
    Alright, so I have a question. How did Verizon have this locked in the first place? After doing the most recent upgrade from Verizon's site last month I tried the GPS just for the heck of it and it did not work. Now I just tried it and it does work. But how? I have not downloaded any updates from VZ since the upgrade. I seriously don't get how they had this locked down unless VZ has a way of doing stealth updates... which would really scare the crap out of me.
    12-05-08 06:47 PM
    in a completely hypothetical situation where i would have deleted BB maps from my vzw pearl, can i get it back?
    12-05-08 06:56 PM
    it is an aGPS - the a part means assisted by the network. The network was told "do not allow" for any 3rd party apps to use the GPS assisted by the network. All they did was change that switch to say "allow".
    12-05-08 06:56 PM
    Works for me on my 8130, not sure how often I will use it. It is pretty cool though when driving, tells you how fast your going and such...
    12-05-08 07:09 PM
    Google maps don't work for me either on the Storm. However, Nav4all is free and works and also has voice!
    12-05-08 07:28 PM
    it is an aGPS - the a part means assisted by the network. The network was told "do not allow" for any 3rd party apps to use the GPS assisted by the network. All they did was change that switch to say "allow".
    And I'm still afraid that some tech is going to walk in one morning and say "What's this switch doing in the 'allow' position?"
    12-05-08 07:45 PM
    I didn't know that the Curve had that. And I sure didn't know that turning off the 'assistance' part could disable the whole deal.... interesting.

Oh and btw, the GPS doesn't appear to work with WHERE either.
    12-05-08 07:59 PM
    were can i DL the new os at, and i have the official 4.5 will i need to go back to 4.3 1st? thanks
    12-05-08 08:44 PM
    This is GREAT!
    12-05-08 09:25 PM
    GPS will not work with 4.3

Use dtm. It should be under app loader. Just out a check in the box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

any idea why it wouldn't show up? when i go to apploader, my only option is for the 3rd party apps i have installed.

running 4.5.0.97
    12-05-08 11:11 PM
    I am so happy that it finally works =)
    12-05-08 11:15 PM
    Yes you can get google maps on your phone. We (vzw employees) got notice of this a few days ago that the gps would be unlocked. I have google maps now and i love it. SCREW VZNAV!! yeah i work for them and I hate it and agreed with the class action lawsuit.
    How do you have Google Maps working? Everyone is reporting that only BB Maps is active.
    12-05-08 11:33 PM
296 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD