I'm surprised that no lawyer and seen this as the mother load for class action against Verizon. They purposes disable a native feature of the device so you HAVE To purchase their service to use it. I'm not one to call for lawsuits, but this seems to be an easy way to motivate Verizon to stop cheating it's customers.
    08-16-08 10:39 AM
    yeah there are countless threads on this topic along with links to a few people who already are trying/tried a class action
    08-16-08 10:47 AM
    Indeed, that is all over CB.
    08-16-08 01:05 PM
    check out the 8830/GPS thread.....
    08-16-08 01:11 PM
    I think there was a lawsuit a few years ago against Verizon and their crippled bluetooth OBEX profile in the Motorola V710. I can't remember what the outcome of that was, but Verizon and most other CDMA carriers are still up to their old tricks, so I'm guessing not much came out of it.
    08-16-08 01:44 PM
    I have had several carriers over the years, and I have to say that Verizon has been the very best. The service and customer service is really good, and I do believe that they go out of their way to take care of their customers.

My only gripe...... is.......that they do disable great funtions built into the phone that the customer cannot use unless paying $$ to Verizon.
    08-16-08 02:16 PM
    I dont disagree with Verizon charging 9.99/mo for the use of VZ Navigator. Its their software, they have the right to charge. However, they go beyond a-holery by disabling the GPS device so you can't use it with any other software. Like Google Mobile Maps.

Yesterday I sent my 8130 back to Verizon for this reason. Once my contract is up Im going to another service provider.
    08-16-08 02:52 PM
    i love VZ NAV. but i need some cash. so sign me up!
    08-16-08 02:56 PM
    i love VZ NAV. but i need some cash. so sign me up!
    Ha ha ha. Too funny.
    08-16-08 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD