Should I wipe it and reinstall the OS or anything like that?
    02-06-09 06:34 AM
    It should be ok. Sometimes the previous owner will forget to release the PIN, and you then will have trouble getting the data to work. You can contact them to release it or you can call VZW.

A wipe should not be necesary, and may well have been done by the previous owner (should have been). If it still has his her Data in it, then a wipe would be in order.
    02-06-09 08:01 AM
    In my opinion: depending on how you got the device, found, purchased, stole, etc., that will determine what path you should go down.
    02-06-09 09:14 AM
    assuming you bought the phone legitimetely, you shouldn't have any problems with just going and getting the phone activated..i have a previously owned curve myself and the only thing i had a problem with was the previous owner (as someone said) didn't release the PIN for her email so i had to call Verizon and get them to release the pin to me, they did it in less than a minute, now everything is running perfectly..everything else is pretty much optional, my suggestion would be to download desktop manager for your curve and update everything, i did that before i even got the phone activated..good luck
    02-06-09 02:18 PM
    I bought it on ebay, clear ESN etc.
    02-06-09 06:04 PM
    Up and running, w00t!! Now I'll be reading on CB all night learning how to use this thing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 06:36 PM
    Should I wipe it and reinstall the OS or anything like that?
    theres a guy in the curve forums talkin about how his just got jacked up recently. urs wouldn't happen to be it would it?
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-07-09 at 07:18 PM.
    02-07-09 06:53 PM
    LOL Nope!

I'm finding that pretty much every question I've had so far has been answered by searching,

Installing themes
    changing shortcuts on home screen
    BB messenger
    Verizon data plan

All issues I've read up on so far.
    02-07-09 08:05 PM