Ok so I managed to talk the Verizon rep into giving me an early upgrade on one of the lines on my account. The line they gave me the upgrade for is not the line I want to use the new S2 on. Can I just activate it on my line, the line I want the new S2 on? or do I need to first activate it on the line that they gave the upgrade too.

I wish I could word this better!
    11-05-09 08:25 AM
    It has to be activated on the line that is eligible than the rep can do an esn swap and put the Storm 2 on the line you want it on. It's not hard. I did it when I opened a new line to get the Storm 2. The rep than put a busted old phones esn on my account so I didn't even have to have another phone to activate it on. Very nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 08:47 AM
    Gotcha... Thanks.
    11-05-09 09:45 AM
    You dont have to activate it on the line you ordered it on. They say you have to but in the end its all the same.

Believe me I've done it recently. If you want to be safe, just activate it on the proper line.
    11-05-09 09:50 AM
    If it can just be activated on the line I want it on, I would prefer that!
    11-05-09 09:52 AM
    I have added phones before but never a smart phone. I just assumed there may be a more detailed procedure for smart phones.
    11-05-09 09:53 AM
    If it can just be activated on the line I want it on, I would prefer that!
    Well, as I understand it, the issue is that by not activating it on the proper line of service you run the risk of incurring the total cost of the device as opposed to the price you paid. When I last activated a new device (August) the rep on the phone told me that it wasnt necessary to add the new device to the new line of service just to switch it back over to the desired line. Maybe it was just easier for him, who knows.
    11-05-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD