03-30-09 10:55 PM
37 12
tools
    I'm a T-Mobile customer with the new 8900, but my teenage son is a Verizon customer through his Step-Father and Mom. About eight months ago I bought the kid a Glyde to use on his VZW account. Yesterday he cracked the screen when he dropped his guitar on it, .
    I thought "ish!" They aren't going to do anything. Just to try, however, we went into the VZW store today, we were headed off by the manager. I said I need tech and he said let me just look at it. Then he said, cracked screen, it's not covered under manufacturer's warranty. He took it to the tech counter anyway and left.
    Of course I had to pull out the new curve for everyone to check out. The techs were oohing and aaahing, haha, and everyone wanted to check it out. So meanwhile the tech guy, Serge, checked out my Son's Glyde. He said I'll replace it. What a deal! Gave us the manufacturer's warranty. He didn't have to, but he did. That is great customer service!
    I'm sure he did it because we were blackberry brothers, and I am very pleased with the outcome. In this case VZW went over and above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 08:10 PM
    Thats pretty cool.
    02-08-09 08:32 PM
    Very awesome-this is why I love vzw! Good for u! great outcome!

02-08-09 08:53 PM
    Wow, you indeed got some excellent customer service! I'm glad you had a good experience!

02-08-09 08:56 PM
    No kidding! I'm sure everyone notices that when we go into any provider's store, almost all employees have blackberries. We are all in the same fraternity and take care of each other.

02-08-09 09:30 PM
    Similar story - A couple years back I had a phone that would not hold a charge. I went into the VZW store to buy a battery. The tech said they did have some problems with that particular phone/battery and even though it wasn't under warranty, he gave me a new battery for free.
    02-09-09 06:15 AM
    That's why Verizon is the highest rated carrier. Cool story.
    02-09-09 06:55 AM
    In my opinion, VZW has the best Customer Service.....
    02-09-09 08:15 AM
    My experience with verizon has been great. If they didn't take care of me I would consider leaving the network.
    02-09-09 08:20 AM
    Customer service, stellar.

In far too many years, dating well into the Airtouch days, I've had exactly four problems with VZW.

1) A (new) VZW rep switched my plan to one I didn't request during a phone order. When she read back what she did, it was incorrect. I advised her of this, but she'd already sent the order. So she sent another order, this time with the wrong data plan code. Within days, I received a call from VZW advising me my usage was well over the usual billing pattern. We figured out it was because I was placed on the wrong plan, but the billing department (and a supervisor) was unable to fix it at that time because a system restriction only allows three plans during a bill cycle. She apologized to me & warned me that my bill would be higher than normal but that VZW would correct it and that if I had any questions to call them after I got the bill. I did get the bill & it was in excess of $2000 over what it should've been. So I got online & was surprised to find my amount due was zero. The next day I called billing & was told an executive level manager had corrected my bill and credited me a month's service as an apology. A few days later I got a letter from the manager who made the correction confirming what he had done. Thanks John!

2) Went to add a line to my personal account a few years ago and was told I had to talk to VZW collections before the addition was made. So they transfer me to collections and we find out there was a billing systems lock because of a past due amount. At this point, I was obviously upset as I work very hard to keep a spotless credit record. After a little checking, the rep determined it was an issue that happened electronically during the Airtouch conversion that missed 13 cents. He apologized & explained that VZW had done numerous reconciliations to fix this kind of issue & that mine must have fallen through the cracks. He credited $20 to my account & I got my new line of service.

3) I once was unable to process an online order for a phone, so I called 611. The rep apologized, matched the price & sent me my phone. But the instant rebate wasn't applied, so I called back. The new rep apologized & told me the original rep noted the account correctly, but forgot to add the rebate. She applied the rebate amount, then added I could still send in the rebate paperwork, if I wanted. I promptly ran the rebate through my shredder after I confirmed the credit was applied.

3a) this is 3a because it is connected to the last one. I went to order a new replacement under the NE2 and was given the wrong amount. It seemed the rep who processed the order from 3 again didn't code it correctly & I was only on a one year contract instead of two. The rep I spoke with saw it right away & sent me my new phone at the NE2 amount.

Each time, there were no questions asked. I never have to wait in queue more than 2 minutes. Three issues were because of human oversight & one was a silly computer foulup.

In comparison, I once had some lines of service through the old AT&T wireless (PCS), had a half dozen issues in a year and had to fight tooth & nail to get each one fixed.

Kudos to VZW for showing me that while large companies do make mistakes, they can fix them with minimal headaches for their customers.

I really enjoy being the best part of Verizon Wireless, no matter what the naysayers say.

DISCLAIMER: While I was, for many years, an employee of the "old" AT&T (pre & post divestiture), I have never been employed by VZW or it's subsidiaries.

02-09-09 04:06 PM
    I too have nothing but praise for VZ, they are great where I live. I just wish that they would get some of the newer cool phones in.
    02-09-09 08:00 PM
    yeah and if that guy hadn't swapped the phone, all you had to do was call the 1-800 number to contact customer service to make a big enough stink and they would've done something for you, so I have no problem with their customer service, they've always been pretty good to me.
    02-09-09 08:05 PM
    so nice to hear positive reviews about verizon. i've never had serious problems with them that they couldn't fix right away. glad to hear someone else had a good experience with them.
    02-09-09 09:50 PM
    i have been a verizon customer for over ten years and even with the poor signal i get where i live now i still wont change providers because i their great customer service. it seems that every verizon rep knows how to solve any problem you have, you don't have to be transfered a hundred times to get a solution. plus they have the storm!
    02-09-09 10:17 PM
    Man. Now only if that 8900 Curve would be on Verizon I would own it with my 4 Storms and 1 Curve lol. I collect these things. A real blackberry freak! Great story! Love Verizon!
    02-10-09 12:06 AM
    I appreciate Verizon. I finally had a problem with my Storm...difficulty answering calls ( I've had it since launch day) I waked into a Verizon store yesterday and walked out with a new Storm.
    02-10-09 07:33 AM
    I love verizon. I had T-Mobile and they sucked with customer service. They could never help me with any of my problems. If I have a problem with my BB I call verizon and they help me through it step-by-step. They are great!
    02-10-09 06:32 PM
    Awesome customer service..my other service providers prior to Verizon turned the whole experience into a nightmare (2,000 dollar bill with Sprint due to thier mistakes ..same with at&t, only it was near 3,000 before they could actually correct the problem) Even when I was with VZW pre-pay, the service was so friggin excellent..I had an LG Dare on pre-pay for quite some time which had to be replaced numerous times due to software issues (non-stop locking up) and each and every time, VZW would fix the problem, no questions asked..I've had only one issue so far, which was when i first got my Curve, I wanted to keep my number and the girl who was supposed to activate it told me that my number would not switch from pre-pay to post-pay until midnight that nite, and in the morning she would activate it and then I would call and program it..well needless to say, the next day..it did not work..called her and let her know - she said it was a system problem (okay,cool) so i waited another day and it didn't work again! And when I call to speak to her directly - she wasn't even coming into work that day (she told me she would be in at 8am that morning) and instead of her putting me down for 900min and 500text messages (like i asked), she put me down for 450 minutes and NO text messages..well I called Verizon that morning and this guy cleared it up in not even 5 minutes! Then called back about 10 minutes later to be sure everything was working correctly..to me, after dealing with so much bs from other cell providers, is perfect customer service, couldn't ask for more..
    02-11-09 04:39 PM
    Now where are those others ******** about Verizon?? No comments??? Comeon... Somebody complain...To much niceness going on here.

I'm glad you recognized a good deed to us. Its nice to see positive feedback once in a while.

If at first you don't succeed..... ask someone else.
    02-11-09 04:44 PM
    I love verizon...they write me a paycheck every week...Course I wish it was for more, but at least it's a job! :P
    02-11-09 04:53 PM
    STI is 9 days away...

next friday is Fatty payday boys and girls..

02-11-09 06:07 PM
    I have been a VZW customer since it was still US West Cellular.....that was a long time ago!

I have had other carriers (AT&T / Nextel) for work issued phones and had more problems with coverage and dropped calls then I have ever had with Verizon. Verizon has always resolved any issues i have had with them in a satisfactory manner. They have the best coverage in my area and have taken good care of me so I wouldn't dream of switching to anyone else.
    02-11-09 06:30 PM
    Now where are those others ******** about Verizon?? No comments??? Comeon... Somebody complain...To much niceness going on here.
    Page 4, third message down.

Oh wait. Wrong thread. As you were.

02-11-09 06:48 PM
    STI is 9 days away...

I'm very exctied about this, and 148% is GREAT considering the current economy.
    02-12-09 03:08 PM
    STI is 9 days away...

I KNOW that is right!!!!!! I live with 148% in a time where a lot of employers are scrapping the STI bonuses
    02-12-09 03:41 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD