Not totally, but it was just kinda funny the way it all happened...

So I go to Verizon today because I was thinking of switching from Sprint so I could get the Storm2...

I had Verizon before I had Sprint and had thought that I had paid everything off when I ported away from Verizon a couple years ago. Apparently, I had only paid my last bill but not my etf, so when she went to open me an account, it said for her to call for a manual review and she did and they said ok you owe 170 dollars from your previous account.

No problem here's my card number lets get that taken care of. So they process it, and it charges my card.

Then it took a good 45 minutes for customer service to verify with the collections dept that I had paid them, so I just kinda walked around looking at stuff...

So finally they get it all worked out and it comes back that my acct has been fullly paid off and that they would gladly open me a new account... with a 125 dollar deposit. Vultures! Lol.

So no, I'm not complaining at all about having to pay them the money I rightfully owed them... I really had thought I paid it all off, and especially since my number stayed the same and I never heard another thing about it, I never thought again about it. I'm more just laughing about how I expected when I left my house that I was going to pay for a new Storm2, and instead, I found out that to get it it was gonna cost me like 600 bucks, and instead I still have my Sprint Tour and I spent 180 bucks anyway.
    02-03-10 04:40 PM
    Seems like a FML story.

Sorry man.
    02-03-10 04:43 PM
    That sucks, sorry man.

I kinda have a similar story with Verizon. Back in the day, if you moved from one part of the country to another you had to change divisions within the company, but it was like changing to a whole different carrier. I had moved from Texas to the West Coast, and then back again a few years later. Apparently the first time I moved there was a balance left on the old account, to which I had no idea. I just assumed any balance would just carry over, but thats not how they used to do things. I was told about the balance and that it was in collections when I went to add another line to my account. Verizon was very apologetic, fixed the problem, took it off my credit report and cut the amount owed in half. I paid it and the rest is history.

They don't operate in that way anymore, it made no sense to move and have to close out an account only to open another one with the same company.
    02-03-10 08:19 PM
    I have some pretty funny stories about geographic locations and billing issues. But thank god its all integrated now.
    02-03-10 10:40 PM
    Agreed. The "EZ-Move" process was anything but. Now if only we could fix that stupid OneBill.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 12:00 AM
    Well at least you still have your tour. I need one damn it. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 12:39 AM
    Surprising that verizon never sent that to a collections agency to get the money from you, must've known you'd eventually try and come back!
    02-04-10 11:53 AM
    Did anybody else come into this thread expecting to see some sort of mention about getting owned in some sort of PvP in an MMO by a VZW employee?

(It sure as heck wasn't me if they were!)
    02-04-10 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD