I had my Blackberry Tour exchanged for a Bold and they said I was under warranty. Now my Bold broke and i had the rep order a new phone, will this one be a Bold or a Tour?
    08-17-10 10:41 AM
    I don't think anybody knows for sure, as I'm guessing it hasn't came up much. What broke on the Bold, if I may ask?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 10:57 AM
    I would think that once you are on a certain model phone, that's your model. Of course, they could always say something like, "we don't have any Bolds in stock and you can only get THIS", but i doubt it. I think you will get another Bold.
    08-17-10 12:05 PM
    I agree with sandman. What actually broke? I have had my bold since launch with no problems.

08-17-10 12:11 PM
    My phone legit just stopped working, my trackpad would scroll but not click and no buttons would work. I tried to perform a clean install but now the phone will not even turn back on
    08-17-10 01:14 PM
    You will get a Bold, I can almost guarantee it.
    08-17-10 02:10 PM
    You will get a Bold, I can almost guarantee it.
    Really? How?
    08-17-10 02:13 PM
    I had to switch devices for now, how can I go 24 hours without a blackberry! switched to my dads old Storm and then while on the phone just double checked with the rep that I would be receiving a Bold. Should be here tomorrow!
    08-17-10 02:22 PM
    Ok here is a question. How do u find out if they shipping a bold or a tour? I requested a warranty sunday but not getting till tomorrow. Its coming from onterio cali.

08-17-10 03:10 PM
    Ok here is a question. How do u find out if they shipping a bold or a tour? I requested a warranty sunday but not getting till tomorrow. Its coming from onterio cali.

I am fairly certain that unless they tell you about a different phone, you will get the same phone that is defective. They will not blindly just send a different model unless there is a mistake.

re: original poster - once you were upgraded to a Bold, that is the phone they have associated with your account and so, again, you would get a Bold unless they told you different.
    08-17-10 03:47 PM
    It is going to be a bold
    08-17-10 03:48 PM
    VZW and the insurance company are completely out of 9630 Tours. You will get a Bold.
    08-17-10 04:54 PM
    VZW and the insurance company are completely out of 9630 Tours. You will get a Bold.
    Nope. There is still replacement Tours. But the OP will get a Bold.

08-17-10 05:18 PM
    Nope. There is still replacement Tours. But the OP will get a Bold.

Just to see what I would get I went through the process of filing a claim for my Tour and I made it all the way to the submit order button and was not notified of any phone change so they still have Tours.
    08-17-10 09:07 PM

I just called customer service and asked.
    08-17-10 09:20 PM
    The Bold is a much better device
    08-17-10 10:13 PM
    I asked at the Verizon store and was told that you will get replaced with the same phone that you have. When you call they will see you have a bold and will replace with a bold. That is your official device listed on your account.
    08-18-10 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD