So verizon thought that after crediting my $53,000 back they would send me another bill for 700 dollars this month. They never recieved the storm i sent back in june. So i gave them my tracking number then said its not valid. I called fed ex they said its not valid. I went to the place i shipped the phone out of they dont keep any records of anything they ship. Anyone know anyway i can track this thing down to see where it is?
    07-23-09 05:38 PM
    $53K? Did you upload a full-length Hollywood movie?

As far as finding your Storm, maybe call your local Better Business Bureau? I really have no idea, but they might have a few tips or ideas or something.

I'm also Google-ing the issue to see what I find for ya.

Best of luck. Keep me updated.
    07-23-09 06:23 PM
    53K? wtf? im guessing roam data overages?
    07-23-09 08:38 PM
    I think you need to post this on one of the "I got screwed by a local mailing service" forums.

If you don't have a valid tracking number, receipt or shipping insurance, you're probably up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

I was there today, but I had a paddle - now I am very sore, trying to relax before we (possibly?) roll out tomorrow.

I have to ask, though - you had a $53k bill, evidently in error, and we saw nothing about it in the VZW forums - yet you come to ask about a shipping mishap without giving details as to the bill?

Apologies, but I keep trying to put two & two together here, but keep coming up with 3 for the total.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 08:38 PM
    I keep trying to put two & two together here, but keep coming up with 3 for the total.
    That's because you need to listen to Radiohead and know that "Two and two, always makes a five"...

07-23-09 08:47 PM
    I think you need to post this on one of the "I got screwed by a local mailing service" forums.

If you don't have a valid tracking number, receipt or shipping insurance, you're probably up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

I was there today, but I had a paddle - now I am very sore, trying to relax before we (possibly?) roll out tomorrow.

I have to ask, though - you had a $53k bill, evidently in error, and we saw nothing about it in the VZW forums - yet you come to ask about a shipping mishap without giving details as to the bill?

Apologies, but I keep trying to put two & two together here, but keep coming up with 3 for the total.

he was here
    07-23-09 08:55 PM
    he was here
    Okay then - my apologies. Don't recall it & a search wasn't fruitful.

Still, I have to wonder why a problem with shipping last month is brought up here. I know there is a VZW connection, but only because he was shipping something back to them. Could have been BestBuy, Costco or Fingerhut - no one will give credit for something they didn't receive.

07-23-09 09:14 PM
    So verizon thought that after crediting my $53,000 back they would send me another bill for 700 dollars this month. They never recieved the storm i sent back in june. So i gave them my tracking number then said its not valid. I called fed ex they said its not valid. I went to the place i shipped the phone out of they dont keep any records of anything they ship. Anyone know anyway i can track this thing down to see where it is?
    You can call in and CS can submit a ticket to the warehouse to find your phone by the ESN. If the phone did make it back, they can find it but don'[t expect it to be instant. I've seen it take a few weeks to complate and another bill cycle for the credit to be applied.
    07-24-09 10:06 AM
    They did a search using a form one of the reps filled out and they didnt find it. I know i sent cause i made a copy of the order receipt and the tracking reciept cause this happened after i sent the first storm back but they found it. This is really pissing me off i am sick of these bills!!!!!!!!!
    07-25-09 01:24 AM
    Sorry about the typos its 2:24 am and i have been up all night going through all my records looking for something i may have missed
    07-25-09 01:25 AM
    Since you have the documentation that shows you shipped the phone, I'd file the (shipping) insurance claim for a lost package, and force them to figure out what they did with it. If you sent a $700 phone w/o insurance, I'm not sure what to tell you.
    07-25-09 08:31 AM
    Okay then - my apologies. Don't recall it & a search wasn't fruitful.

Still, I have to wonder why a problem with shipping last month is brought up here. I know there is a VZW connection, but only because he was shipping something back to them. Could have been BestBuy, Costco or Fingerhut - no one will give credit for something they didn't receive.

I brought it up in the room because its a vzw forum. The wonderful here helped with my last bill and i really appreciated it. So i thought i would ask again that was all.
    07-26-09 11:04 AM
    This happened to me once with Sprint. I sent a phone back, but misplaced the tracking number. They claimed they never received the phone, and I had no way to track it. All I could do was report it stolen at the time, and keep calling back to try to get my refund. Someone eventually activated the phone on their account, and when I said I reported it stolen months ago, they wouldn't deactivate the phone because it wasn't on my account. They eventually refunded me my money, but it took 8 months.
    07-27-09 02:16 PM
    Heck I just mailed in my mail in rebate for my Storm. I certified it LOL.. Was taking zero chances of them not getting that rebate!

I'm not sure why folks here are getting so upset. Simmer down people. If you were in his way you'd try and get any help you could get.

If you made no copy of a tracking number than your up a creak so to speak. I've got my Curve here in a fedex box with Verizons return label. I made a copy of this label and will phone in the tracking number to have them note that on my account, and also keep a hard copy here at the house. Any time you return a phone like that make sure to do that.
    07-27-09 07:26 PM
    After the last month of Fed Ex saying its on verizon for not keeping records of the shipping labels they put in the boxes and verizon saying the shipping label is not valid thats on fed ex. I sucked it up and paid the bill then 3 hours after paying the bill my friend who works at the corporate store was doing some digging for me and was able to find the order number and location number for the phone. After he inquired further he realized the phone did make it verizon and it was never processed it was sent straight to RIM where it was fixed. According to him when RIM fixes the internals of a phone they change the esn number making the an ESN search for a phone useless. He was able to see that the phone is sent back is currently in use. He said he put in for my account to be credited. My questions is how does this happen? they can change esn # on a phone?
    08-08-09 02:48 PM
    sorry for the typo
    08-08-09 02:49 PM
    Yes they can change an esn on a phone

08-08-09 11:03 PM
    well i guess that explains why doing an esn search was useless
    08-08-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD