Is there a way to get it? I tried in options but only gives me bing.
    05-02-10 10:15 AM
    1. Download the google mobile.
    2. Set google as a bookmark.
    3. Type in m.google.com from the address bar.

There is no way to get of Bing, and honestely it's pretty good. To paraphrase an old Ford saying...You can use any search engine as long as it's Bing. lol
    05-02-10 10:26 AM
    http://m.google.com/

Set your browser to BB and dL the mobile app and enjoy

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-02-10 11:14 AM
    Ty I will do that.
    05-02-10 01:54 PM
    Get QuickLaunch and use the "web search" function.
    05-02-10 02:44 PM
    I have to ask... there's a 'native' Google search available too, that has to be pushed. Separate from the Google Mobile App this allows for a search bar to be used directly from within BlackBerry Browser. Does anyone know if this is only a Service Book setting?
    05-02-10 02:48 PM
    Just this alone would stop me from ever going near Verizon.

I know best which serarch provider I wish to use and regardless of whether I use Bing or not (I don't, I use Google) I will not allow someone else to dictate to me what my choice will be by giving me a choice of one.
    05-02-10 02:58 PM
    I tried using "Bing Verizon" for a while, found the voice search works pretty good but a text search not so good..weird.. since I use iGoogle on my pc, I when there, then changed my browser options to set it as "home" then set home as the page to open when i hit the browser.. thus away went Bing. I have Tried the new google mobile app and its voice search not as good as bing, so I use voice bing when driving and google when not in the car.
    08-14-10 09:31 AM
    SearchIT is a great little app that I use daily with lots of search engine options (including google and bing of course) and it only costs a couple of bucks, well worth the full price, but it is on sale right now.
    08-19-10 11:37 AM
    I have quicklaunch and make heavy use of the websearch function, with a shortcut to boot....

Hit space bar (on home screen) to open QL menu then "G" to open my websearch with google.

Easy peasy.
    08-19-10 01:21 PM
    I hate BING. I wish VZW gave us back our options of Bing, google and yahoo I believe.
    08-21-10 07:41 AM
    Wow, this is getting old.
    08-21-10 09:42 AM
    Wow, this is getting old.
    Obviously, not to people who just discovered their DEFAULT choice of search engines has been reduced by BigBrother (BigV). Maybe there'd be fewer posts on this issue if it were not an issue. Clearly, it is an issue. There really cannot be a defense of Verizon's decision to limit choice other than money controls things. Yup, that may be accepted dogma but that does not mean folks cannot express their irritation.

Change carriers over it - probably not. Use alternative methods of googling - probably so. Voice objections - why not.
    08-21-10 10:21 AM
    Obviously, not to people who just discovered their DEFAULT choice of search engines has been reduced by BigBrother (BigV). Maybe there'd be fewer posts on this issue if it were not an issue. Clearly, it is an issue. There really cannot be a defense of Verizon's decision to limit choice other than money controls things. Yup, that may be accepted dogma but that does not mean folks cannot express their irritation.

Change carriers over it - probably not. Use alternative methods of googling - probably so. Voice objections - why not.
    Well, I just use the Google Search Widget on my home screen.
    08-21-10 10:26 AM
    Sorry to rehash an old post, but I'm just curious why no one can hack this and add it back in a hybrid OS or something.
    06-05-11 11:48 AM
    Sorry to rehash an old post, but I'm just curious why no one can hack this and add it back in a hybrid OS or something.
    It's in the service books I believe.
    06-07-11 11:48 AM
    All I do is use the search bar in the goto page on the bb browser. Its set to google by default right? I had a search app but why open another app when it just opens the browser anyway? Am I off base?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 02:16 PM
    Get a different phone.
    06-12-11 07:59 PM
    Get a different phone.
    Don't all Verizon phones come with Bing now?
    06-15-11 09:21 AM
    It's a service book thing? All BB's since Storm2 (Oct 2010) have Bing. This topic has been covered extensively

Let me google that for you
    06-15-11 09:37 AM
    Probably but if you have Android just root it and remove it.
    06-16-11 12:10 PM
    I haveGoogle.com set as the home page on my browser on both my Playbook and my Tour. Did that the first day that Verizon downloaded Bing to my phone then banished the Bing icon to the "Verizon junk" folder on my phone. Haven't laid eyes on Bing since.

06-16-11 04:16 PM
    I haveGoogle.com set as the home page on my browser on both my Playbook and my Tour. Did that the first day that Verizon downloaded Bing to my phone then banished the Bing icon to the "Verizon junk" folder on my phone. Haven't laid eyes on Bing since.

Glad I'm not the only one with a junk folder on their phones. Half the preinstalled icons on my phone are in that folder. I hate football so all the football crap goes in there as does Bing.
    06-21-11 08:58 AM

But the point of the OP's question was not that you can set any homepage you want, but that when you open the browser, the only search engine available THERE on a Verizon phone is Bing.
    06-21-11 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD