04-22-09 07:04 PM
39 12
tools
    My Google Lat works fine for me.
    02-16-09 09:40 PM
    GPS is definitely unlocked. I was very ill today when I first started reading up about this. It's unlocked googlemaps just doesn't know how to use it. Poynt works as someone above stated and quickly gives me my location on google maps. Now, the only thing that upsets me is for some reason google maps still loses me when I go into latitude. I go from a red pin at my house to nowhere lol. The issues here are actually on google's end which is surprising. If there tech team is half as fast as google/gmail, we'll see an update shortly.

I do have a question to add to the discussion on this thread though.

Is it possible to tether the GPS to a laptop and use a program through that to run it. I used to have a teletype (I think that's what its called... atleast I think thats close) GPS that I bought to use with my i730 (again, I think that is right) phone from verizon. It worked fine, but was glitchy to say the least and I finally got mad and did away with it. I could run a USB cord from my laptop to my GPS receiver and use their map programs through my laptop which was cool because it was huge. An inverter for the laptop and a car charger for the storm, would mean I could have a huge GPS for long trips
    Interesting idea. It seems feasible IF the Blackberry API allows you to send data over the data port. If so, simply tie your app into the gps and have it send the positional data across the connection.
    02-18-09 04:09 PM
    So can I put a friends (10 digit #@vzwpix.com) and be able to find them? How cool would that be?
    02-18-09 04:26 PM
    So can I put a friends (10 digit #@vzwpix.com) and be able to find them? How cool would that be?
    In a word, creepy.
    02-18-09 04:46 PM
    In a word, creepy.
    I agree ......sounds like a stalkers dream (not calling anyone a stalker)
    02-18-09 08:14 PM
    Another cool application inhibited by our dictatorship communist loving bastards at Verizon!
    Now, that was a strong statement.
    02-18-09 08:16 PM
    strong but true...
    02-18-09 09:20 PM
    I changed the settings in adanced option>GPS from e911 to location mode and google latitude picks me up almost instantly with in 5 meters....
    04-21-09 07:02 PM
    I changed the settings in adanced option>GPS from e911 to location mode and google latitude picks me up almost instantly with in 5 meters....
    You've got a storm....which works with google maps. All other BBs do not work with Google Maps and Latitude.
    04-21-09 07:35 PM
    Another cool application inhibited by our dictatorship communist loving bastards at Verizon!
    it works on my phone with verizon... no problems at all.
    04-21-09 08:24 PM
    Google lat works fine for me. When I am at home, it shows me at my next door neighbor's house. So that is close enough for me.
    04-21-09 08:28 PM
    it works on my phone with verizon... no problems at all.
    Some people can't figure out how to enable GPS on their Storms and can't make the logical connection that if VZW were really blocking all GPS, why do they allow it on the Storm & other devices.

I mean, why are they not locking it on all devices?

Could it be that there really is a difference in processor and these people are all whiners who can't add 2+2?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 08:38 PM
    You've got a storm....which works with google maps. All other BBs do not work with Google Maps and Latitude.
    I use Google Maps, Latitude and BB Maps and Poynt on my VZW 8330 Curve...
    04-22-09 06:42 PM
    Lapdog, how accurate of a location are you getting? If it isn't within 2-5 meterrs, you aren't using GPS, but rather cell triangulation, which is less accurate than GPS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 07:04 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD