Ok, I finally exchanged my Storm for a Droid today....all I can say is goodbye RIM

I'm going to miss my BBIM, but it's amazing the difference between this phone and the Storm (or Storm 2). The speed is just astounding....

I've had it for 4 hours now and I'm just blown away at this thing.

It has a few quirks, but damn, color me seriously impressed.
    11-20-09 09:53 PM
    Good choice - replace that limited BBMessenger crap with an IM client that works on anything...

Life is too short to be locked down.
    11-20-09 09:57 PM
    Good choice - replace that limited BBMessenger crap with an IM client that works on anything...

Life is too short to be locked down.
    playing with the store model really didn't prepare me for how much of a difference it is when you're using it for your normal tasks and such.

I like the way it pulled and synced my entire facebook friends list and put them in contacts, even if they weren't in my phone.

The speed pages load, how quickly apps load up, just everything....100% improved.

The main disappointment I have is with the accessory package included with the phone.

Charger/usb cable..that's it.

No wired headphone, nothing else....I guess I understand as they had to skimp somewhere to give the phone at 200 bucks

I can see why you're so down on RIM now twins....I just didn't know any better

my apologies
    11-20-09 10:03 PM
    I can see why you're so down on RIM now twins....I just didn't know any better

my apologies
    No apologies needed - I know what goes on in folks' mind when you tell them what they have isn't up to snuff. I've rolled my eyes many times when someone came my way & told me something would be better than what I knew. So it is all good.

A nice thing is that phone should upgrade when Android gets an update.

Get the cradles - car & desk.
    11-20-09 10:08 PM
    No apologies needed - I know what goes on in folks' mind when you tell them what they have isn't up to snuff. I've rolled my eyes many times when someone came my way & told me something would be better than what I knew. So it is all good.

A nice thing is that phone should upgrade when Android gets an update.

Get the cradles - car & desk.
    yeah, gotta wait on those...I will

Wife will be angry enough I spent 300 bucks on the upgrade (before MIR).

couldn't let them soak me for another 60 at the same time
    11-20-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD