Ok so I added line on my account for a friend a few months back. Well the friendship a kind of came to a end, not going into why, but before all this I asked her to take control of her line, my reason was my company was be bought out and I wasn't sure what was going to happen and if any thing I didn't want it to effect her phone and risk her deposit she made.

Well long story short, she decided she didn't want to pay her part of the bill and wouldn't talk to me, so took that has she didn't want the phone anymore. So I call vzw and have them suspend the phone.

Well talking to the rep I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the line or pay the etf, at the time I was going cancel , the rep said is there any one you could let use the line, I said yes but I would have to buy a new phone. The rep no you don't, just file a claim. So I set it to have line suspend on the 8th, that's when new cycle starts, she waives the suspension fee.

So I call back a week later for an issue with my BB, and about my bill, well come to find out they didn't suspend the line when I asked, or put it as a lost or stolen phone, they had it set to suspend a month later, so got that all cleared up

This is starting to be a trend I am noticing, well atleast when I deal with the csr, I know no one is perfect, but its every time, I can never get a straight answer, or I have to verify what I was told, I've learned that not all reps know the the same thing

I'm not flaming vzw call center reps, its just frustrating. I will say though the reps are always very friendly.

Ok had to vent a little

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 03:32 AM
    Ok so I added line on my account for a friend a few months back. Well the friendship a kind of came to a end, not going into why, but before all this I asked her to take control of her line, my reason was my company was be bought out and I wasn't sure what was going to happen and if any thing I didn't want it to effect her phone and risk her deposit she made.

Well long story short, she decided she didn't want to pay her part of the bill and wouldn't talk to me, so took that has she didn't want the phone anymore. So I call vzw and have them suspend the phone.

Well talking to the rep I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the line or pay the etf, at the time I was going cancel , the rep said is there any one you could let use the line, I said yes but I would have to buy a new phone. The rep no you don't, just file a claim. So I set it to have line suspend on the 8th, that's when new cycle starts, she waives the suspension fee.

So I call back a week later for an issue with my BB, and about my bill, well come to find out they didn't suspend the line when I asked, or put it as a lost or stolen phone, they had it set to suspend a month later, so got that all cleared up

This is starting to be a trend I am noticing, well atleast when I deal with the csr, I know no one is perfect, but its every time, I can never get a straight answer, or I have to verify what I was told, I've learned that not all reps know the the same thing

I'm not flaming vzw call center reps, its just frustrating. I will say though the reps are always very friendly.

Ok had to vent a little

ok I have to say this is the calmest explanation of a bad situation I have read in a while and I appreciate it.

My suggestion would be to call in a few times just to make sure its suspended etc keep on top of it. People working there are normal people to and can make errors.. when your making a major change in your account follow up and make sure everything is correct. In the end its your responsibility to not get ripped off. Now vzw isn't going to try and intentionally rip you off its just common practice to keep up on your things as all people can make mistakes or errors.
    06-27-09 03:40 AM
    Yes I do know and understand that people make errors, and that is why I did call back, to verify everything, I am always nice to the reps, and I know that vzw isn't trying rip people off.

I still think from my experience and what I have read that vzw has the better of customer service in the cell phone field.

I was with tmo and didn't really have any problems and they did seem to get things fixed the first time. That's all I'm wanting is not have to call back all the time to make sure they are doing there job right

I am wondering any one else is or has had this problem, or is it just me?

06-27-09 03:46 AM
    Why call back, this is once reason you can login to your account online. Always can check status there and it does not take long to do.

Even as an employee I have seen mistakes made to my account and alsways when I make any change I login to my account just to know all is well.
    06-27-09 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD