I'm eligible for a new every 2 discount in the next few weeks ($50)

re: BB 8330 Curve
    VZW CSR (phone) offered $50 off (NE2), $70 off (online discount), + $50 off for being a 'good customer' (700 min/month family plan since April 05, Broadband Access account since Jan 08)

total out of pocket = $49 (229-170) for the 8330 (w/ 2 year contract extension) (i assume i wont have to pay an activation fee)

I'll add the $30 data plan (+15-20% off, emp discount) - but otherwise no added costs...

is this the best deal i can get? (w/o being really pushy?)...it seems pretty fair, but does VZW ever throw in earlier nights (7pm) or something else in customer retention?
    07-04-08 12:25 PM
    You can forget about the early Nights part.
    Wait till your Contract expires, then you'll be on a Month to Month Contract, which releases you from your ETF and allows you to go wherever you want. Verizon don't want you out of Contract and will bend over backwards to keep you.

Welcome to the Crack!
    07-04-08 01:33 PM
    Thanks - judging by the gap in my reply (from yours) - i seem well suite to the crackberry.

re: their helpfulness later in my contract - I'm sure that's true - i managed the extra $50 off when i mentioned my sister was trying to get me onto Sprint (which is true).

Problem is, i want to stay on VZW (shhhh), and i want my BB for the fall (contract isnt actually up until Nov)...
    I'm OK paying $50 if its fair and a decent deal..
    07-04-08 01:38 PM
    I paid $149 out of pocket with Sprint, but my monthly fee is $99 for everything (plus tax) no limits, no extra costs.
    07-04-08 01:45 PM
    Thanks - judging by the gap in my reply (from yours) - i seem well suite to the crackberry.

re: their helpfulness later in my contract - I'm sure that's true - i managed the extra $50 off when i mentioned my sister was trying to get me onto Sprint (which is true).

Problem is, i want to stay on VZW (shhhh), and i want my BB for the fall (contract isnt actually up until Nov)...
    I'm OK paying $50 if its fair and a decent deal..
    Winter doesn't begins till DEC 21st.
    07-04-08 01:51 PM
    I paid $170 in store with a $70 mail in rebate. Total out of pocket was $100 so you're getting a good deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 01:54 PM
    Winter doesn't begins till DEC 21st.
    Ha! for the fall? winter? I should have said i want it now!

thx for the reassurances.. like i said - i dont mind paying a fair price...

but i've got 3 strikes in my negotiating room:
    1) i want to stay on vzw
    2) i want it now
    3) i only want the 8330

(just dont tell them!)
    07-04-08 01:58 PM
    Ha! for the fall? winter? I should have said i want it now!

thx for the reassurances.. like i said - i dont mind paying a fair price...

but i've got 3 strikes in my negotiating room:
    1) i want to stay on vzw
    2) i want it now
    3) i only want the 8330

(just dont tell them!)
    Sounds like a plan then!
    While you are ordering your Phone, try to see if they will throw in a Seidio case for free while you are at it then.
    Best of luck

07-04-08 02:10 PM
    Sounds like a good deal. Guess it could only be better if it were free. I wasnt eligible for any kind of upgrade when I got my Curve, but after some haggling I got it for $99. I didnt think that was too bad considering they didnt have to do it.
    07-04-08 03:42 PM
    I got mine for free a month ago...but it was a special promo that ended sometime in june I believe. I think $50 is good

07-04-08 07:53 PM
    I got my curve a little early 2 weeks ago. Due to major prob with my previous phone they allowed me to get my E2Y now. With $100 e2y $50 rebate online instant rebate and a $20 adjustment to make up the $70 I missed by a day. I paid $39.99 for the curve.
    I kept me same family plan with added texting already on it I pay an extra $30 plus $6 for data and insurance monthly.
    Sorry if this is hard to read but typing as a passenger on bumpy road.
    I consider this an awesome deal.
    I wish data plans included texting.
    I would go $99.99 plus data plus insurance but it is cheaper for me in the family plan to add phones

07-05-08 11:11 AM
    If you think paying $50 for the device itself is too expensive, how do you plan on paying the $30 data plan every month.

How much better of a deal do you want?
    07-05-08 03:35 PM
    That seems like a pretty good deal to me.
    07-05-08 03:52 PM
    Tell them you want a month free for re-signing for 2 years. That's the equivalent of getting it free. That's what I got a few weeks ago...after all discounts my curve was 49.99, and in addition they offered 1000 free extra minutes to cover if I ever go over my limit, or a month service free. I took the month free, which was $60, so technically they paid me $10 to take the curve.
    07-05-08 04:32 PM
    Sounds like a good deal on the phone, I have not heard of them having earlier nights but I have noticed that they are quick to credit for screwed up orders...
    07-05-08 05:20 PM
    If you think paying $50 for the device itself is too expensive, how do you plan on paying the $30 data plan every month.

How much better of a deal do you want?
    @nylife - I dont think $50 is too much. As i said, it seems pretty fair. My point - and perhaps i should have been more clear - was to make sure this was a good deal for me w/o being pushy. Nothing is more irritating than customers who think everything should be free, but i didn't want to do the equivalent of paying sticker price for a car. W/ my NE2 and the online discount, they're only knocking $50 off the BB, and i wanted to make sure this was reasonable, since they were knocking $100 off as recently as mid-june for signing up for a data package.

@ever1ast - i like the 1 month free idea. probably easier to swing than a bigger discount on the phone.

thanks all! they're supposed to call me back on monday...i checked the 8330 in person today, and was surprised at how small it was (in a good way). I'm pretty convinced...we'll see what they say.
    07-05-08 05:58 PM
    Yeah - $50 is a great deal! Snap it up!! If you can get a month free on top of that, congratulations, if not then no harm done!

I would switch from my Pearl in a heartbeet if I could get it for just $50, but alas I can not! I have to wait for my NE2 discounts!

Enjoy your upcoming addiction!
    07-05-08 06:05 PM
    $50 bucks for a curve is a steal of a deal
    07-09-08 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD