I was dealing with an ongoing problem with my wireless service today and the guy next to me had a bricked phone he was dealing with and no insurance. The tech came out of the back room and told the guy his phone was toast and it was out of warranty by 2 days. The customer says "that figures, how much is it going to cost me?" The tech said that normally the customer would have to pay full price for the replacement phone, but since it was so close to the warranty expiration they would just replace it for free. Awesome! My problem is still unresolved, but it was nice to see a customer being taken care of in this manner. Great job VZW!
    08-05-09 04:52 PM
    What is your problem?
    08-05-09 08:36 PM
    No problem...this was a sincere compliment on how a customer was taken care of. This was not a slam at VZW. I thought with all the rotten things being said in some of these threads, something good should be pointed out. Is this a problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 10:07 PM
    I think he was referring to this in your post & wanted to help you resolve it.
    I was dealing with an ongoing problem with my wireless service today .... My problem is still unresolved,
    08-05-09 10:20 PM
    Thanks...I'm heading for NC in the AM and really beat. I'll respond about the problem from the airport. Sorry for the error in interpretation.

08-05-09 10:30 PM
    I was dealing with an ongoing problem with my wireless service today and the guy next to me had a bricked phone he was dealing with and no insurance. The tech came out of the back room and told the guy his phone was toast and it was out of warranty by 2 days. The customer says "that figures, how much is it going to cost me?" The tech said that normally the customer would have to pay full price for the replacement phone, but since it was so close to the warranty expiration they would just replace it for free. Awesome! My problem is still unresolved, but it was nice to see a customer being taken care of in this manner. Great job VZW!
    2 days... I'm not a stickler over 2 days! I would have done the same thing.

Thanks...I'm heading for NC in the AM and really beat. I'll respond about the problem from the airport. Sorry for the error in interpretation.

I am in NC... it's boring here! And please let us know the issue.
    08-06-09 09:01 AM
    I have a place between Boone & W. Jefferson, about 3,500 ft in rural Ashe County. Right now temp is about 65 here and about 85 in Tallahassee, FL where I live. Phone service is great here in the sticks, but terrible at home...and I am 7/10 mile from VZW omni-directional tower. Phone worked fine until merger.

Went to VZW store after July 12 with issue and placed calls to CSR. My signal fluctuates from -90 dBm to -120 dBm. I was told signal is fine at my house. Tech said radio must be defective in my phone. I didn't believe this but went along and allowed my Alltel branded phone to be replaced by VZW branded Curve. Same problem. Have had at least 5 attempts to push hybrid PRL to device so I can pick up VZW tower. The hybrids are not getting to my device. When I left the store yesterday, a new service ticket had been written to deal with the inability of my device to get the hybrid. Also they recommend I go back to the Alltel branded Curve.

I really prefer to keep my Alltel plan and my GF has a new LG Banter on the plan. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I just want my phone to work from the house like it used to. The calls are mostly garbled or dropped. I can place or receive calls and have clear reception from most places I used to call from, acquired some new calling areas, but cannot pick up VZW antenna 7/10 mile from house. The VZW Curve has VZW SID but Alltel PRL.

In a nutshell, this is the problem. I hope this makes sense. For now, I'll enjoy the mountain air and head to The Roan tomorrow for a little AT action.

08-06-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD