I just need some clarification. Im going through my bill and i see these terms:

M2MAllow
    PlanAllow
    Friends & Family
    N&W
    ** I dont know what they mean, im just listing what i see

I am trying to figure out how large of a plan do i actually need.

Right now i have 2100 minutes allowed, and im using 1900. Perfect ... BUT i MOST of those minutes are to friends & fam, or to another VZW customer ... arent those calls no charge?

So if im using 1900 minutes, but 1500 of them are to F&F or VZW customers ... couldnt i get away with just a basic minute plan?

My bill is about $220 right now, with 2 smartphones on the acct. 2100 minutes and unlimited txt.
    06-02-10 02:20 PM
    M2MAllow
    PlanAllow
    Friends & Family
    N&W
    Of those, the only that count toward your minute "bucket" are the PlanAllow. "M2MAllow" are Verizon-to-Verizon unbilled minutes, Friends & Family are just that (unbilled), and N&W are off-peak minutes (unbilled).

Just don't forget -- if you go to the lowest minute plan, you lose Friends and Family, and some of the upgrade perks (like annual upgrade and a lower NE2).
    06-02-10 02:24 PM
    M2M is Mobile to Mobile, which is Unlimited. Plan Allow is your actual plan allowance, which you state is 2100. Friends and Family is just that, the Friends and Family feature, which is also Unlimited. N&W is Nights and Weekends, which is also Unlimited. What is your actual Peak usage. because you can still keep F&F with a 1400 share plan. If you use F&F a lot, you may wanna stick with at least a 1400 share plan because you will lose it if you get a 700 share plan.
    06-02-10 02:27 PM
    I just need some clarification. Im going through my bill and i see these terms:

M2MAllow
    PlanAllow
    Friends & Family
    N&W
    ** I dont know what they mean, im just listing what i see

I am trying to figure out how large of a plan do i actually need.

Right now i have 2100 minutes allowed, and im using 1900. Perfect ... BUT i MOST of those minutes are to friends & fam, or to another VZW customer ... arent those calls no charge?

So if im using 1900 minutes, but 1500 of them are to F&F or VZW customers ... couldnt i get away with just a basic minute plan?

My bill is about $220 right now, with 2 smartphones on the acct. 2100 minutes and unlimited txt.
    M2MAllow = Mobile to mobile (within Verizon/Alltel)...doesn't count against your plan minutes

PlanAllow = Daytime minutes that do count against your total plan minutes.

Friends & Family = Are the 10 numbers you call for free, regardless of network or landline status...doesn't count against your total plan minutes.

N&W = Nights and weekend calls, any call after 9PM and before 6AM, which do not count against your plan minutes.

To have friends and family, you have to have a family plan of more than 1400 minutes or an individual plan of more than 900 (I think). The plans are one tier above the basic.

The lowest you could do, without losing your Friends and Family would be:

1400 Minutes + unlimited texting ($120), 2 smartphones ($60) plus tax (approx $10-15) = $190 - 195
    06-02-10 02:29 PM
    The lowest you could do, without losing your Friends and Family would be:

1400 Minutes + unlimited texting ($120), 2 smartphones ($60) plus tax (approx $10-15) = $190 - 195
    Not worth the trouble to save ~$20 i guess.

Boy they really think of everything I guess they just want $100 per person per month, for those that are on a smartphone. Not many ways around it
    06-02-10 03:55 PM
    How much texting do you use each month? You could go with the 1,400 minute Talk plan ($90) and 500 text ($10), plus smartphone data charges for 2 devices ($60) and wind up with a monthly bill of around $175 after tax. That would be savings over your current $220 bill of $45 per month and over $500 per year. The plan change is just minutes online and if you already have F&F set up it would just carry over, if not it just takes a few minutes to add those numbers.
    06-03-10 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD