1. 10nyjets28's Avatar
    ok, so i am going to israel in february and was wondering if my bold 9650 can be unlocked or whatever it is you do so i can use it there without having to shell out a million bucks to verizon. what would i have to do?
    08-19-10 12:25 AM
  2. Super_Mario's Avatar
    Vzw can unlock it for you as long as your current, you've been a customer for 90 days and the phone is on an active account. Call global at 1-800-711-8300.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 12:47 AM
  3. 10nyjets28's Avatar
    how can i use it on an israeli carrier then?
    08-19-10 12:56 AM
  4. pkcable's Avatar

    I did a google search for you, for cell companies in Israel. You need to find a GSM one (it appears they have CDMA also), and look for one that offers prepaid SIM's with BB data, or with just voice if you don't mind not having data while you are away (you would still get txting) Your phone number would be an Israeli number, NOT your Verizon number thou.
    08-19-10 09:33 AM
  5. i7guy's Avatar
    You can get a phone from companies who specialize in US travelers to Israel. For a really low rate, in Israel you can call the US. You can get a local forwarding number in the US that call the phone in Israel. Opted not for the text message package. Companies will usually ship the phone to you insured and when you return you ship it back to them.

    Your other option is to call Verizon and get the "global package". Call their global services number and see what it costs.
    08-19-10 05:42 PM