Alright so I have a blackberry tour and I will be going to Toronto this saturday and I am wondering if I should just leave my phone here, which I really dont want to. previously ive used my enV3 and i have been charged an extra $15 for texting however i am wondering what the charges will be like for data.

ANy tips? Can I turn all data and roaming off from my BB device?

Thanks
    03-27-11 12:53 PM
    $15 for txting? Wow!
    Here we have unlimited txting!
    the only thing u wil noticed is the roaming charge on ur bill!
    Other then that u should find out from ur cell company to see what would be better.
    It really diff in Canada then US
    Just be on the safe side find out before u do anything
    Have fun in Canada!
    D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 02:50 PM
    You can turn DATA off. You should be able to do it from the Manage Connections app, and then Mobile Network Options, Data Service (on/off).

I you get the occasional email and don't stay on the phone for long, it should not be too painful. I visited Vancouver and used the phone a few times and checked email and maybe a bit of browsing.

Now, when I went to Europe for 3 weeks I did opt for Verizon's Global plan and saved a ton of money on data costs - only used the phone about 3 or 4 times.
    03-29-11 11:47 PM
    yes, sure you can... if it has a place for a Sim card it's even better .... you need to unlock your blackberry first.. then just remove set it to work with the Sim and buy a prepaid one.. they can even set it up for you in the store sometimes..
    04-11-11 10:21 AM
    It all depends how much you are going to use it.
    04-11-11 02:51 PM
    Eh, i just got back yesterday.
    04-11-11 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD