I searched for this answer and didn't find one so trolls and flamers go away

I made the mistake of creating a vzw.bb.net account to facilitate my job search not understanding that there was no web based portal to manage my vzw.bb.net email account.

I need to do a lot of cover letters and resume alterations on my laptop before using my vzw.bb.net to shoot off the email. Implied task calls for writing a cover letter that gets forwarded to vzw.bb.net which then gets sent to my prospective employer.

Someone suggested I could use a gmail account to manage this whole complicated mess but I have no idea how to make that happen. Can anyone assist in explaining how to recieve and send vzw.bb.net email using gmail? Thanks!

Any suggestions on how to manage an easier solution would be gladly appreciated. I have a bunch of resumes out there currently with my contact info pointing to the bb.
    10-05-09 10:43 AM
    Hmmm.... thats a good question...
    Best answer I can give you is to have a copy forward to gmail;
    If you log into your BIS via the net and choose edit for your bb email; there is an auto forward option ( better yet use the BCC option ) to put in an email address. IE google.
    Then you can via gmail... via settings set it to send from there but use return address as bb email. in other words you send to your client via gmail but they see that it was sent from bb email.
    Last edited by heather.law; 10-05-09 at 11:11 AM.
    10-05-09 10:54 AM
    That's actually the only way to do it. And you need to set up both the AutoBCC and the AutoFoward if you want to get the messages you SEND from your BlackBerry to appear in the GMail account.

From the BIS site help:
    When you specify an Auto BCC email address, the BlackBerry Internet Service automatically forwards a copy of email messages that you send from your BlackBerry device to the email address that you specify.

When you specify an Auto forward email address, BlackBerry Internet Service automatically forwards a copy of all email messages, including all applicable attachments and content that you receive on your BlackBerry device to the email address that you specify.
    10-05-09 11:42 AM
    I don't even have a vzw.bb.net email account. I was never even able to log into my bis account. I use gmail exclusively without any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 12:05 PM
    I don't even have a vzw.bb.net email account. I was never even able to log into my bis account. I use gmail exclusively without any problems.

Yeah, shes got both... like I do... she just doesnt want to use gmail exclusively Im asuming because she doesnt want it bombarded with emails from clients. She just wants to be able to edit in an easier fashion than on the device.
    Since you cannot set up vzw.bb.net on outlook or other mailclients... to get a copy saved on a server somewhere you set up the vzw.bb.net email to autoforward and bcc to gmail or any other client for that matter. Then you can set up that client in settings to show any email address you want as the reply to address. Say I send something from gmail on the net. It gets to your inbox as if I sent it via vzw.bb.net. Saves me a headache... sorta.
    10-05-09 12:08 PM
    But why does anyone even need a vzw.bb.com email address? I don't have one and I don't have to worry about bcc or cc's. It just seems like a whole lot of work for nothing. I'm confused.

10-05-09 12:15 PM
    Perhaps its a more professional sounding email than "somecutehottie@gmail.com"
    10-05-09 12:23 PM
    Email addresses are free and plentiful. Its not too hard to create a more professional email address with gmail.
    Perhaps its a more professional sounding email than "somecutehottie@gmail.com"
    10-05-09 12:28 PM
    Well I agree on the email address thing though... I see people who have 5 6 or 7 emails going to their bb and all of them webbased free client emails. BIS allows up to 10 email addresses plus the vzw.bb.net email address. WHO needs that many!?
    I keep the vzw.bb.net for CB related things and for work. My sups and collegues use it.
    We dont have OWA and only ccms and accms have enterprise.
    its the best way for my sup to get a hold of me sides bbm.
    10-05-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD