When I woke up this morning, I had a message that I needed to re-verify my Gmail password in order for my BB to continue receiving emails. I tried doing that from my phone (Email Setup > Gmail > Enter Password) but it kept telling me that it was the wrong password). So, I tried doing it from Verizon's BIS portal. Some thing. When I tried logging into Gmail, I got a message about "suspicious account activity" and I had to change my password. After doing that, I went and tried re-verifying my password from my phone and from Verizon's BIS portal again. Same problem still. It refuses to recognize my password. Anyone else experiencing this?
    09-29-10 10:48 AM
    Update: I tried deleting and re-adding my Gmail account. That doesn't work either. Same problem. Won't recognize the password.
    09-29-10 10:57 AM
    Try resetting your password on Gmail and then entering it on your phone.
    09-29-10 11:38 AM
    Have you been able to log on using your regular gmail access and password? Either using a pc and the web or a gmail or other client?

A few weeks back my Compuserve email acted the same way - could not verify it either on the BB or using the Bis server (using pc). I had even deleted and tried re-adding the account. After a few hours it worked no problem. This happened twice, about two weeks apart. The second time I just did not try for about 2 hours and then it worked.

Sometimes there are just glitches and that's the way it is! So try again in an hour or two.
    09-29-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD