Can anyone tell if there is an advantage to having the gmail icon on my home screen or setting it up through the set wizard? I have an 8330.
    07-07-09 09:23 PM
    Can anyone tell if there is an advantage to having the gmail icon on my home screen or setting it up through the set wizard? I have an 8330.

if your talking about the difference between the google app and having it as a device email...

the device email integrates with the blackberry and uses the PUSH services that blackberry's are known for..

so basically the email appears on your phone like a text message instead of your phone having to go get the email..

it also allows the full integration of the email through out the blackberry IE being able to send new emails send pictures from the media application and respond to emails from within the OS instead of a separate application..
    07-07-09 09:37 PM
    noaim is right, the setup through the blackberry is great, I love it. With the Gmail app your able to do all the other things that you can do on your Gmail account with a computer like save your messages, add labels to them, and manage some of your email settings with gmail.

I have tried and have found that it's just easier to use the BB and then just wait to get on a computer to do all the filing and such.
    07-07-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD