I took a 2 week business trip to Asia in April. Prior to leaving I had Verizon activate the global calling plan.

I told my family, friends, staff to email me because data usage was unlimited and only call in an emergency. They did. I got 2 or 3 calls the entire time. I called home from my office daily.

Now I get my Verizon invoice and it's loaded with roaming minutes...over 200 for the 2 week period.

When I look at the call detail on the invoice posted to the web, I know I did not make/receive all these calls.

For example, on one day April 8, it showed I called my voicemail EIGHT times. And some of those vm calls were more than 10 minutes each.

I don't call my voicemail more than a couple times a day when I'm home in the states and everyone calls me. And I NEVER stay on vm for more than a couple of minutes.

Other calls date/times where when I was in the air.

I've spoken to numerous people at Verizon. They tell me if it's on my invoice it's accurate (right!). They tell me their Asia network provider bills them and then turn around and bill me.

There's no way I could have made/received all these calls but I'm having trouble finding anyone within Verizon that can think beyond what's on the paper. I pointed out that on the next 2 week business trip I took overseas, I checked vm 4 times for a total of 5 minutes.

They say, calling patterns change so just because I used 5 vm minutes in May, my pattern could have been different in April.

Or the other suggestion the tech gave me, maybe I but dialed my vm. I have the phone with 2 levels of password protection...one to get in and make a call and another to listen to vm. So not possible to but dial.

Does anybody have a similar experience?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with Verizon. They're threatening to shut off my service.

Thanks.
    06-08-10 05:41 PM
    Your call log????
    06-08-10 07:42 PM
    Buttocks dialing?
    06-08-10 07:44 PM
    Maybe the data got confused as minutes and that's where it came from?
    06-08-10 10:59 PM
    Just because you didn't initiate the call doesn't mean the call wasn't made. The way to "deal" with them is to pay the amount you owe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 12:11 AM
    Per Verizon request, I went into a store and showed their rep. my call log which is vastly different from their invoice. 4 calls in the phone log vs 44 on their invoice. The rep. acknowledged the difference but the people on the phone at Verizon customer care still insist their invoice is always accurate.
    Maybe I loaned my sim card or someone took it out of my phone while I was sleeping on my flights - that's their latest suggestion...that would mean the person taking the sim card out in China followed me to Singapore - took the card/put it back then followed me to Hong Kong and did it again. hmmmmm
    06-10-10 12:49 PM
    Did the store notate your account that it didn't match....keeping in mind, calls logs can be deleted from the phone. And call and speak to a sup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD