Does anyone know if Verizon plans on offering a Blackberry Curve that will work Globally?

I've gotten conflicting information from VZ and haven't seen anything posted anywhere.

Thanks
    11-08-10 05:15 PM
    None of the Curves they have are Global. The Bold and Storm 2 are global.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 10:25 PM
    Yes I am aware they don't have it now...the question is does anyone know if this is in the works?
    11-08-10 10:42 PM
    Highly doubt it since none of the Curve phones have been.

11-08-10 11:14 PM
    +1 agreed with Supermario. There never has been a global Curve. I doubt there are any Curves in the works since they just released the 9330.

11-09-10 12:18 AM
    Seeing how the Curve is an entry level/consumer model, I can't imagine it advancing to the status of a world phone, seeing how they want to sell their more expensive world phone models.
    11-09-10 02:32 AM
    I know people love to dump on the curve. I personally would pay MORE for the curve than the bold. It is 25% lighter and the keyboard is much better.
    11-09-10 12:59 PM
    No it will not.

11-09-10 01:03 PM
    ao227 - I guess this is why they make different models for different people. Persoanlly I like a little heft to my phone and I find the Bold keyboard to be far superior to the Curve, but again - just my opinion.

As far as a world-capable curve. I would expect that once Verizon has their 4G LTE network rolled out the 4G curve will probably be a world phone since LTE uses SIM cards. I know it is probably just going to be for the data side but if they are putting a second radio in there anyway, maybe it will be usable on GSM networks. Maybe not.
    11-09-10 01:09 PM
    I know people love to dump on the curve. I personally would pay MORE for the curve than the bold. It is 25% lighter and the keyboard is much better.
    How is everyone dumping on the Curve? It's the entry-level model now. Bold is a higher end device. In my experience Curve took a huge hit from 83xx to 85xx: it's flimsy and cheap feeling. Hopefully that's not the case with 93xx, but I doubt it.
    11-09-10 01:17 PM
    I don't this that RIM would make a Curve world phone. It is an entry level phone, and they want to keep it cheap to buy. Plus most people that buy a Curve are not interested in global roaming. So no. The Storm 2 and
    Bold have that covers and there is no need for the Curve to be a world phone.

11-09-10 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD