I live in Ecuador and I have an unlocked BB Tour 9630 (Verizon). I'm planning to go to the US next year and I want to get a plan from Verizon. Can I use my current phone with the plan or do I have to get a new phone with the plan. I've searched online but there is no information about this. Not even in the Verizon web page.
    09-30-09 01:31 AM
    If it is a VZW device & hasn't been reflashed, there shouldn't be an issue with it.

If it has been reflashed, you might have to go with an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 02:21 AM
    We're talking a Blackberry here. All he'd have to do is reinstall the OS, assuming that ever changed in the first place.
    09-30-09 04:15 AM
    If it is a VZW device & hasn't been reflashed, there shouldn't be an issue with it.

If it has been reflashed, you might have to go with an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card.

What do you mean by reflashed?
    09-30-09 07:48 AM
    What do you mean by reflashed?
    If the base software in the flash memory has been changed.

When you power the device on, do you see the Verizon logo just before the desktop loads? If you do, you're good to go.

09-30-09 09:22 AM
    I am running 5.0.0.230 and the Verizon logo still shows at startup. Is that ok?
    09-30-09 10:18 AM
    You should be fine.
    09-30-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD